76 Days Josh Baker

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

ANGCatFan

76 Days Josh Baker

Post by ANGCatFan »

Baker is a 6-3, 280, Freshman offensive lineman from Eureka HS, Eureka, MO. A likely redshirt, but could certainly play this year if we need a back-up center. Here's Brandon Combs take from Desert Swarm:
Baker isn’t the biggest lineman, but he plays bigger. He is an absolute bulldog. He’s tough, aggressive, strong for his size, and plays with a great motor. He engages in his blocks and moves his opponent by constantly keeping his feet moving. At times he drives them into the ground.

A couple of things that really stand out to me about Baker is his versatility and his athleticism. He can move all along the line, from center to tackle. That could come in handy as we all have seen with injuries occuring along the line.

Now, as I mentioned he isn’t the biggest lineman, but still, 6-foot-3 and 280 pounds still equates to a large human being. With that being said, Baker is incredibly athletic. He will sometimes pull from his center position with great quickness, speed, and, dare I say, agility. He makes it look easy and like he isn’t really trying all that hard.

Baker has a high ceiling. And with Josh McCauley running out of eligibility, along with Steven Bailey, it was time Arizona snagged a center. They got a good one. I foresee Baker easily winning the starting job once McCauley graduates.