20 Khary Crump Jr

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

ANGCatFan

20 Khary Crump Jr

Post by ANGCatFan »

Krump is a 5-11, 175, Freshman defensive back from Culver City HS, Hawthorne, CA. Last year he had 66 tackles (5 for a loss), 6 breakups, 4 interceptions, 3 forced fumbles, and 1 recovery. Here is Brandon Combs' evaluation (Desert Swarm):
This is a really solid player to start the defensive side of Arizona’s 2020 class. Sitting around 5-foot-11 and 175 pounds, he plays bigger than he is, and he does it in an effective way.

He is probably one of the best cover corners I’ve see in a minute. Flipping on his film and watching a couple of minutes, you can see that he has great awareness. In almost every instance he has his head turned looking for the ball. Once he finds it he does what he does best, makes a play on it. Whether that’s making the pick or knocking the ball away, he gets it done.

His physicality, however, is what stands out to me the most. This is where he plays bigger than he is. He plays the press really well and does a great job jamming the receiver at the line, immediately disrupting the flow of the play. He can also lay out a player and is a heavy hitter for his size.

Last edited by ANGCatFan on Sun Oct 11, 2020 6:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chicat

Re: 51 Days Khary Crump Jr

Post by Chicat »

Excited to see this kid blossom.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
ANGCatFan

Re: 20 Khary Crump Jr

Post by ANGCatFan »

Bumped because his assigned number is up. Krump has already won the award for least excited about picture day.