14 Dyelan Miller

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

ANGCatFan

14 Dyelan Miller

Post by ANGCatFan »

Miller is a 6-3,190, Freshman receiver from Centennial HS, Peoria, AZ. Last year he had 19 catches for 318 yards and 7 TDS. Here’s a breakdown on Miller from Brandon Combs at Desert Swarm:
I love this commitment. Not only do the ‘Cats get another in-state commitment, but they get one from one of the powerhouse schools in Peoria-Centennial. But that’s not the only reason Miller’s a fantastic commitment.

Miller will come to Tucson with a great toolbox of skills for Taylor Mazzone and Theron Aych to work with. He has really good hands, able to snag passes out of the air and hold on while being hit. Throw in his solid route running and speed and you have a very dangerous weapon.

However, for me, his most important attribute is his toughness. He has zero issues going up for contested balls, using his strong hands to catch it and hold on with a defender draped all over him.

That toughness translates over to his run-blocking as well. He is a physical, and quite honestly, effective blocker on the outside. Arizona’s receiver corps is expected to block on the outside, so Miller already has a leg up in that department.

A few other things that stand out to me are his overall awareness and body control. He knows where he is on the field and is able to haul in some pretty impressive catches along the sideline while dragging his foot in bounds.

ANGCatFan

Re: 14 Dyelan Miller

Post by ANGCatFan »

Bump because his number is up.

Miller is one of the Freshman getting noticed on the offensive side of the ball, so looks like he may make the playing rotation. Also, his is the only Freshman I have seen so far that missed picture day and also has his own highlight from a scrimmage already posted.