11 Edric Whitley

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

ANGCatFan

11 Edric Whitley

Post by ANGCatFan »

Whitley is a 5-11, 144, Freshman defensive back from Weiss HS, Pflugerville, TX. Last year he had 13 tackles (3 for a loss) and 4 interceptions. Here's the breakdown from Brandon Combs and Gabe Encinas at AZ Desert Swarm:
Brandon’s Thoughts: Whitley has blazing speed, like legit track speed as evidenced on his pick 6. That alone is worth it but when you dissect his game further you realize he has a nice set of skills.

He has great vision and ability to decipher plays quickly. To match that, he is able to react in a hurry to make a play on the ball. He had four interceptions for a reason.

I do think he is under-recruited, even though he has offers from Ole Miss and Miami, and his stats don’t actually paint an accurate picture to how good he is. Overall solid get for the ‘Cats.

Gabe’s Thoughts: Whitley is an athlete with great speed, appears to have good technique with the right tools to translate to the Pac-12.

He has two very impressive offers on his list late in the process from Miami and Ole Miss. I was a little shocked at how high he was in the rankings. I think he’s closer to 1,000 than a 750 but overall this is a good commitment that should add depth to a pretty good corner group.

Merkin

Re: 11 Edric Whitley

Post by Merkin »