68 Days Coach Jimmie Dougherty

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

ANGCatFan

68 Days Coach Jimmie Dougherty

Post by ANGCatFan »

Dougherty is the new Quarterbacks Coach as well as Passing Game Coordinator. He played QB at Missouri from 1997-2001 and graduated in 2002. Dougherty went directly into coaching at Illinois Wesleyan coaching DB's for 1 year. He spent the next 4 years coaching at San Diego coaching a different position group each year (including tight ends) and ending up as the QB Coach and Offensive Coordinator. From 2009-2012 he coached wide receivers and was the passing game coordinator at Washington. From 2013-2015 he was at San Jose State as the Offensive Coordinator and coached QBs 2 years and wide receivers for 1. Dougherty spent was named the Assistant Head Coach his final year at SJS. In 2016 he spent 1 year as an Offensive Analyst for Michigan before returning to coaching with ucla for the last 4 years. At ucla, Dougherty was the wide receiver and passing game coordinator.

Here are some quotes from Dougherty's initial hiring:
Coach Fisch - “Jimmie and I have worked together at three different institutions, and he has always been a critical part of the offensive success that we have had. He is a tremendous person, teacher, coach, and mentor. Jimmie has always found ways to get the very best out of his players. As a former quarterback, coordinator and wide receivers coach, his experience and expertise will be critical to our success. I am thrilled to welcome Coach Dougherty and his family to Tucson.”

Dougherty - “My family and I are excited to be joining the Wildcat Family. I am thrilled to reunite with coach Fisch and be a part of building this program back to excellence. I believe that the University of Arizona has everything to compete and win championships on the football field. I have tremendous belief in the type of culture coach Fisch is going to build, which is one that values hard work, toughness and creating a true family atmosphere. I know it’s one that Tucson and all of the Wildcat Family is going to be extremely proud of.”