41 Mike Saliba

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

ANGCatFan

41 Mike Saliba

Post by ANGCatFan »

Saliba is a 6-0, 209, Freshman linebacker from Xaverian Brothers HS, Dedham, MA. He was on the team last year, but his bio has not been updated. He lost most of his Senior season to a knee injury and spent 2019 at a prep school where he was also injured after 5 games. He came to Arizona as a preferred walk-on and here is what is reported in the Boston Herald:
Saliba, a two-way star at running back and linebacker for the Hawks and the Pelicans, had scholarship offers from lower-level programs but wanted to test himself against the college football elite.

“I have always strived to go up against the best competition,” said Saliba. “The only way you get better is if you put yourself with the best people.”

Saliba was LC’s (prep school) leading rusher and leading tackler through four games when he was dealt another season-ending injury to the same meniscus, which has now been surgically removed.

Still, it was enough to leave an imprint on Pelicans coach Jeff Moore.

“He has been through a lot,” said Moore “He’s a great kid, really worked hard and very respected in our locker room. He is extremely tough, very strong and very versatile.”
Chicat

Re: 41 Mike Saliba

Post by Chicat »

He has no meniscus?

That doesn’t bode well long term but I do wish the kid the best.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?