1 Jalen Harris

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

ANGCatFan

1 Jalen Harris

Post by ANGCatFan »

Harris is a 6-5, 254, redshirt Junior defensive lineman from Gilbert, AZ. He has been a consistent presence on the Arizona defensive line for the last 4 years. His true Freshmen year was cut short by injury after playing in the first 4 games and was able to count as a redshirt. Harris has started 16 games over the last 3 years and played in every game except 1. Last year in 4 games he had 18 tackles (2.5 for a loss), and 3 pass break-ups. Harris has been good for the Wildcats, but not great. New DC Brown has been pushing Harris to get more sacks, by constantly reminding him that he had 0 last year. His experience, a new, aggressive coaching staff, and playing along side his brother should be the right combination to push Harris to be a top player instead of just a solid one. Hoping for a big jump in production. Likely our starting defensive end.

ANGCatFan

Re: 1 Jalen Harris

Post by ANGCatFan »

Bump, because you may not have heard, but Harris is now number 1.

Here's a good AZ Desert Swarm article on Harris winning the 1 jersey. From the article here's coach Fisch explaining how it was earned:
“They had to do a lot of different things. Number one, no misses. They had to be at every practice, had to participate, had to go hard every play every day, can’t be late to any meetings, can’t miss really anything. Have to do well academically. Both of them graduated, both of them still maintain their GPAs and did a nice job there. They had to lead the team when the team is tired. They were certainly two guys that made sure everybody worked extremely hard.

“They really are everything that a Wildcat should be. They’re people that give back to the community. They are people that love the Arizona Wildcats. Both are Arizona natives. They’re both people that dreamt of playing here, and they both are accomplishing it. They both start and I’m proud of both of those guys.”
Also, since the original post Harris was voted by the team as one of the captains.

azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Once again, great job Ang! One day we will have a Rose Bowl countdown!!! Thx for all your contributions. This can’t be easy
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

You did it again.

I honestly do not know how ANGCatFan, but you fucking crushed it again.

We are not worthy…
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Chicat

Post by Chicat »

No offense, but where was he going?
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Carcassdragger

Post by Carcassdragger »

This is great news and very glad he's coming back. I dont think he's reached his potential yet and if he stays healthy he should be a beast next year.
2020 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2018 BEARDOWN WILDCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
2017 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2013 GOAZCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion