Spencer Rattler

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

AV8RCAT

Spencer Rattler

Post by AV8RCAT »

1. Arizona is another hometown opportunity for Rattler
Even if a starting job doesn’t come available at ASU, Rattler could still make his way back to his home state with Arizona. The Wildcats are trying to find their way under new head coach Jedd Fisch, who could make quite the splash if he enticed Rattler to join him. Fisch is a quarterbacks coach by trade and has NFL experience on his resumé. Rattler could benefit from working under him.

https://fansided.com/2021/10/09/spencer ... nations/2/

He is definitely transferring from Oklahoma, but I doubt he is coming home to the state of AZ.
ASU is a mess and I'm sure he wants to be the top draft pick and wants the exposure he won't get here.
"Rattler's return to the Desert" would be a pretty cool snake image NIL theme, though.
AV8RCAT

Re: Spencer Rattler

Post by AV8RCAT »

This should have been a discussion about our QB situation for next year in general.
So at this moment we have returning, Mcloud, Cruz, Plummer, and Fifita coming in.

Are we set or do we need to go after a transfer? Would Fisch even make a pitch to Rattler? I don't think I would.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

After what we've gone through this year we need about 10 QBs on the roster.
AV8RCAT

Post by AV8RCAT »

azgreg wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 5:46 pm After what we've gone through this year we need about 10 QBs on the roster.
LOL, but more projects or do we go for someone like Rattler? I don't think we are even on this kids radar, but how do you convince anyone good to fight a 5 way competition to play behind this O-line?
Assuming no decision to RS Fifita would be made until after fall practice.
Carcassdragger

Post by Carcassdragger »

There is no way in hell he'd consider us.
2020 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2018 BEARDOWN WILDCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
2017 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2013 GOAZCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

So the UA's top 4 QBs get injured this season and lose playing time, and the Cats expect any QB to want to play here?