70 Days Coach Brennan Carrol

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

ANGCatFan

70 Days Coach Brennan Carrol

Post by ANGCatFan »

Carrol is the new Offensive Coordinator and Offensive Line Coach for the Wildcats. He was a college tight end at Pittsburgh and entered coaching immediately as a grad assistant and then tight end coach at USC (2002-2009). Next, Carrol moved to Miami where he coached tight ends and wide receivers from 2011-2014. Since then Carrol has been with the Seattle Seahawks where he was the Run Game Coordinator and Offensive Line Coach.

Coach Fisch did not just fill assistant coach positions with people he knew who needed a job. He went out and got people who wanted to work together and build something special in college. Carrol could have stayed in Seattle, he could have moved to another NFL team or a successful college team. Instead, he choose to join Coach Fisch in Tucson and build something new. Carrol has a huge challenge ahead of him coaching an offensive line that struggled to protect the QB last year. His past success says we should see a big improvement in our offensive line performance this year.

Coach Fisch will be the actual Offensive Coordinator, calling the plays and overseeing the offense, but Brennan will be doing what he did in Seattle - coordinating the run game. He may not be calling plays during the game, but I do think he will be heavily involved in how our running game looks.

azcat49

Re: 70 Days Coach Brennan Carrol

Post by azcat49 »

Being talked about as a potential OC at Auburn. Could we lose both coordinators this off season?
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

You’d think our team actually won more than one game…
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
gronk4heisman

Post by gronk4heisman »

A coordinator who is not in charge of coordinating, I would be looking elsewhere. Especially when your boss is responsible for awful results that look poorly on you.