89 Ricky Hunley

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

ANGCatFan

89 Ricky Hunley

Post by ANGCatFan »

Hunley starts his second year as Arizona's defensive line coach. It has been a long time coming, but Hunley is finally coaching at his Alma Mater, The University of Arizona - Arizona's first and finest University! Hunley was pretty good at football while at Arizona becoming a 2 time consensus All-American (1982 and 1983) as well as a member of the College Football Hall of Fame. Oh, and Anthony Gimino rates him as the #1 player in Arizona history. More importantly he has remained passionate about Arizona Football and making Arizona Football successful and has roots in Tucson. Hunley is home where he should be.

Hunley has been coaching since 1993 with time in college and the NFL coaching both defensive lines and linebackers. He has been out of coaching since 2015, but jumped at the chance to return to Arizona. It has been a long wait, but returning to Arizona has always been a dream of Hunley's:
"I am extremely excited to work with Coach Fisch and the Arizona Football staff," Hunley said. "Working for the University of Arizona has always been my destination, and I can't say enough how much I appreciate the love and support of my family, friends, football alumni, the University and the Wildcat Family. My goal is to Bear Down and be as good of a coach for the young men in the program now as I was as a player for this great University."
Hunley put together a good defensive line last year and it was one of the better units on a poor team. This year he has more beef and talent to work with so I expect it still to be one of the better parts of the defense.

Hunley's number 86 is 1 of 7 retired jerseys at Arizona and all of those players will be included in the countdown.