Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

I'll take it.

Given this season, a dream season, I would've said you're lying at the beginning of the year.

GO CATS!

BEAR DOWN
Gilbertcat

Re: #10

Post by Gilbertcat »

Dream season
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

RR in his third year delivers a BCS level bowl, a south championship and a #10. That is Lute Olsonesque from a rebuilding standpoint
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
dc4azcats

Post by dc4azcats »

azcat49 wrote:RR in his third year delivers a BCS level bowl, a south championship and a #10. That is Lute Olsonesque from a rebuilding standpoint
I keep thinking back to all the amazing games we saw this past year (our section was crazy during and after those games). I don't think this will be the last time RR wins 10 games or more, but we may never have a season where so many games go down to the wire. Certainly a season to remember.

Boise will get Arizona's best shot and I'm sure the team can't wait to get the bad taste out of its mouth from Fridays game. Can't wait.
azpenguin

Post by azpenguin »

dc4azcats wrote:
azcat49 wrote:RR in his third year delivers a BCS level bowl, a south championship and a #10. That is Lute Olsonesque from a rebuilding standpoint
I keep thinking back to all the amazing games we saw this past year (our section was crazy during and after those games). I don't think this will be the last time RR wins 10 games or more, but we may never have a season where so many games go down to the wire. Certainly a season to remember.

Boise will get Arizona's best shot and I'm sure the team can't wait to get the bad taste out of its mouth from Fridays game. Can't wait.
Lot of games down the the wire... it's the "win small" year.

If you remember last year, the Cats got absolutely blasted by ASU and were looking at a matchup with Boston College and the nation's leading rusher. There was a feeling that the Cats were going to have a fight on their hands after that showing against ASU. Instead, they absolutely dominated BC, giving up 75 yards to Williams and they were lucky to get a couple of meaningless garbage time TDs to make the score look a little closer. Boise has shown over the years that they deserve some respect and don't deserve to be overlooked, but AZ will come out swinging. Solomon should be a lot healthier by then.

Interesting that you mention Olson and his rebuild. That's what I've been thinking lately, right now feels like things did in the mid 80's. The team had been pulled out of the gutter, had made a tourney appearance in '85, and then won the Pac-10 in '86. It felt like we were on the verge of seeing big things. '86-87 slowed things down a bit with Kerr's injury, but that injury set the stage for him to come back the next year and catapult the Cats onto that national scene, the beginning of AZ's run as an elite national hoops program. This feels a lot like that. Out of the gutter, playing pretty well on the rebuild, the team is starting to get stocked up, and now they've won a division title and ten games, plus a big bowl. Most of the best players on this team are underclassmen. My one concern for next year is the fact that they get twelve straight without a bye, but them's the breaks. This team is set up to start winning big. Plus, look ahead to 2016. Wilson, Solomon both as juniors, Scooby, Phillips, Grant, Griffey as seniors, and a lot of talent working up in the meantime. We're watching the unfolding of something special.
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

The progress the new O-line makes from January to August will tell the tale of how big our "win big" season actually will be.
UAtrue

Post by UAtrue »

I'm ecstatic w/a #10 ranking; I did not expect us to be better than 8-4 and realistically was thinking 7-5 was more likely.

You know, if we made it to the final 4 this year, a lot of schools would be trying hard to poach RR. At least one good things came out of that whitewash by the Ducks.
illcat

Post by illcat »

Waiting to see what asuhater has to post about this ranking ;)
I mean I am not complaining but it must suck for good ugly girls.
--Officer Craig

You'll forgive DW99, he's used to the methed-out slores in Tempe ...
--Reydituto
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

illcat wrote:Waiting to see what asuhater has to post about this ranking ;)
He said the committee must have been smoking funny something to make a mistake of that magnitude.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Daryl Zero

Post by Daryl Zero »

Nice thread and posts. I completely agree. This season reminds me of Miller's Grt8 season with DWill well before schedule with magical moments. Certainly a lot to build on.
Erlich Bachmann: Richard wrote the code, yes, but the inspiration was clear. Let me ask you something. How fast do you think you could jack off every guy in this room? Cause I know how long it would take me. And I could prove it.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

And RichRod beat fucking ASU. Can't tell you how much that pleases me.

Even him more so, since he was 0-8 in rivalry games at UM and UA until then.
azpenguin

Post by azpenguin »

Merkin wrote:

And RichRod beat fucking ASU. Can't tell you how much that pleases me.

Even him more so, since he was 0-8 in rivalry games at UM and UA until then.
Even better - they ripped the South division away from ASU by beating them. ASU should never play the Cats if they've got a championship on the line, because that's always gone badly for them.