7 Jayden de Laura

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

AzCatFan2

Re: 7 Jayden de Laura

Post by AzCatFan2 »

pc in NM wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 3:38 pm Here’s a thought experiment for you all

Your 18 YO daugther calls from her dorm at the U of A to share the exciting news that “the quarterback” from the team has asked her out for next weekend.

What are your first thoughts?

How do you respond?
My daughter will be an 18-year old freshman at UA in a few weeks. I'll tell her what I'd tell her if she was dating anyone on campus. Be smart. Try avoiding putting yourself in a bad situation. And don't be afraid to fight, yell, scream, before, during, and after is something bad does happen.

The reality is, JDL isn't the only guy on campus with a Juvie record. And statistically, he's not the only guy with a Juvie assault record. The difference is JDL has NIL monies and makes him worth suing in a civil case, versus the regular college junior who has significant student debt, and is living off of cereal and ramen. This is why we know about JDL's record, but not all the others on campus who may have a similar past.

Criminally speaking, JDL's adult record is clean. He's also one of the more high profile athletes on campus. And given the settlement news, any false step and not only is he gone from Arizona forever, he might never play college ball again.
pc in NM

Post by pc in NM »

pc in NM wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 3:38 pm Here’s a thought experiment for you all

Your 18 YO daugther calls from her dorm at the U of A to share the exciting news that “the quarterback” from the team has asked her out for next weekend.

How do you respond?
Man, no one here seems able to perform a "thought experiment... Jeesh!!!

My response:

First, I'd hope his name is "Noah"!! :lol:

Second, if his name is Jayden, I'd appraise her of his known/"unknown" past.

Third, I'd share her excitement (if she's still "excited"), AND, review all the safety lessons from our past. (Probably for the umpteenth time since she enrolled in college!!!)

Fourth, I'd load my Pez Dispenser with Xanax...
“If you have the choice between humble and cocky, go with cocky. There's always time to be humble later, once you've been proven horrendously, irrevocably wrong.”

― Kinky Friedman
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

pc in NM wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 9:57 am

How do you respond?
Man, no one here seems able to perform a "thought experiment... Jeesh!!!

My response:

First, I'd hope his name is "Noah"!! :lol:

Second, if his name is Jayden, I'd appraise her of his known/"unknown" past.

Third, I'd share her excitement (if she's still "excited"), AND, review all the safety lessons from our past. (Probably for the umpteenth time since she enrolled in college!!!)

Fourth, I'd load my Pez Dispenser with Xanax...

My daughter will be a Sophomore at Michigan so if she calls me up and says she's dating a guy named "JJ" or "Blake" I'd tell her that's nice and be careful (while secretly jumping up and down with joy daydreaming her student loans would be paid off).

And since she made their dance team is it really that far-fetched? :lol:
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

As a father of two lovely daughters I don’t trust any man. My youngest daughter brought home the goalie of the soccer team and i promptly told him he played the right position since he knows he can’t score on my daughter.

JDL hopefully Learned his lesson so he might be less dangerous than the student body male population as a whole. Who knows, trust no one girls
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Carcassdragger wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 6:55 am Regardless, I apologize for offending you here on this post and whatever others I did so on.
It was my fault. I was in the wrong about attacking posters here.

This whole incident is just very troubling to me. I am going to stay off the football boards for a while, and probably take a break from here until basketball season.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Have to wonder if anyone will be upset with Jaden Bradley being “in the area” when the guy was gunned down by his friend? He wasn’t charged but that isn’t a great optic either given it was a capital murder.
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion