2015 recruits/commitment thread

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

TuiTouchdown

Re: 2015 recruits/commitment thread

Post by TuiTouchdown »

UALoco wrote:Tezino committed to the Pirate.
That's nutty. Anyone have a read on this? Did we cool on him at all? Or did we just lose out to Wazzu for a linebacker? Which would be nutty given all the success our star linebacker is having.
3goggles

Post by 3goggles »

UGH!!!!!
3goggles

Post by 3goggles »

TuiTouchdown wrote:
That's nutty. Anyone have a read on this? Did we cool on him at all? Or did we just lose out to Wazzu for a linebacker? Which would be nutty given all the success our star linebacker is having.
Somebody mentioned a while back that we cooled on him because of academics but who knows.
UALoco

Post by UALoco »

3goggles wrote:
TuiTouchdown wrote:
Somebody mentioned a while back that we cooled on him because of academics but who knows.
Can someone explain how different Arizona's entrance requirements are to the other P12 schools. I understand how Stanford, USC, or Cal might be tougher academically but is there any real difference between Arizona and Wazzu? I mean, my kid's 5th grade curriculum at his charter school is tougher than some of the stuff I to at Arizona...bz major of course :)
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

3goggles

Post by 3goggles »

UALoco wrote:
3goggles wrote:
TuiTouchdown wrote:
Can someone explain how different Arizona's entrance requirements are to the other P12 schools. I understand how Stanford, USC, or Cal might be tougher academically but is there any real difference between Arizona and Wazzu? I mean, my kid's 5th grade curriculum at his charter school is tougher than some of the stuff I to at Arizona...bz major of course :)
Damn I hope this season is helping with 2016 recruiting. Doesn't seem to have made a difference for 2015 class. I'm holding out for some of the DT's!
dc4azcats

Post by dc4azcats »

3goggles wrote:
UALoco wrote:
3goggles wrote:
TuiTouchdown wrote:
Damn I hope this season is helping with 2016 recruiting. Doesn't seem to have made a difference for 2015 class. I'm holding out for some of the DT's!
We cooled on him awhile ago according to Scheer. With what we brought in LY from Salesian (both guys redshirted TY) and then knowing that Scooby is a soph with a couple of years left - is it any wonder that some LB's are looking elsewhere? Unless you can't read a depth chart Arizona should be in good shape at LB. Doesn't mean we aren't trying and it doesn't mean we didn't want some of these guys as we did, but it's the nature of the beast sometimes. Hank Hobson is the only Senior LB listed on the official roster. Here's the class breakdown at the LB position:

Kendrick Jackson is currently our only LB in this class.
Cobb, Ware - are Redshirting TY
RJ Morgan - is a RS Frosh
Ippolito, Matthews, De'Andre Miller, Turituri, and Wright are either RS sophs or true sophs.
Thomas Jackson and Antonio Smothers are listed as Juniors.
I listed Jake Matthews even though he's a walk-on mainly because he's well thought of and has seen some PT. There's 4 other LB's listed on the roster that are also walk-ons who may or may not develop into players that garner some PT down the road.

I'm sure the staff would like to have a little more balance but they were forced to bring in a bunch of guys at once simply because we were razor thin at the position. Next year would be my guess where we load back up on LB's as the 5 sophs currently listed will be moving on in 2 years and recruits will see the opportunity for early playing time.
UALoco

Post by UALoco »

DC, good info..thanks!!
The Ooh Aah Man

Post by The Ooh Aah Man »

Franklin is also a LB and Arizona didn't lose Tezino to Wazzu, they stopped recruiting him.
Scummy Dick Douglas

Post by Scummy Dick Douglas »

The Ooh Aah Man wrote:Franklin is also a LB and Arizona didn't lose Tezino to Wazzu, they stopped recruiting him.
This is why offer lists can be deceiving. Many of the better teams on his "offer" list had stopped recruiting him. From those not in the know, it just looks like he chose Wazzu over much better options.
ANGCatFan

Post by ANGCatFan »

The Ooh Aah Man wrote:Franklin is also a LB and Arizona didn't lose Tezino to Wazzu, they stopped recruiting him.
Ooh, good points and, aah, welcome to the board man!
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
TuiTouchdown

Post by TuiTouchdown »

ANGCatFan wrote:
Ooh, good points and, aah, welcome to the board man!
Oh yeah, Cobb is going to be a beast. Take a look at his film if you haven't already.
ANGCatFan

Post by ANGCatFan »

UAEebs86 wrote:
Just another example of the bias inherent in recruit rankings. They are only getting extra stars because they have committed to a top 10 school. Damn the system. Damn. Damn. Damn.
catinfl

Post by catinfl »

I love Kendal Williams as a LB. Vastly Under-Rated imo. He's got so much speed coming off the edge and this was his first year learning LB after being a DE is whole life. He has a lot of potential there. I also like Kendrick Jackson. Dude's a bruiser and will be a good addition to the LB corps. Kendal Williams is a teammate of Arthur McGinnis and that's big. I'm sure he's been trying to recruit him here and Arthur is a stud. 6'2 225 and runs a 4.47 forty. That's crazy. Just a beast.
catinfl

Post by catinfl »

Tezino's top three was SDSU, Colorado, and Wazzou that should tell you all you need to know.
3goggles

Post by 3goggles »

Do we know when JoJo, Fotu & Williams are commiting?
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Fotu announces today I believe
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
3goggles

Post by 3goggles »

azcat49 wrote:Fotu announces today I believe
we just reveived a prediction for Fotu at 247sports. This was would be a huge get I think.
TuiTouchdown

Post by TuiTouchdown »

3goggles wrote:
we just reveived a prediction for Fotu at 247sports. This was would be a huge get I think.
If that happens, what will we have to complain about?
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

TuiTouchdown wrote:
3goggles wrote:
dmjcat
3goggles

Post by 3goggles »

TuiTouchdown wrote:
3goggles wrote:
what ever crap ASUHATER is spewing from his mouth!
ANGCatFan

Post by ANGCatFan »

That leaves Dane Cruikshank (JC) CB, Citrus CC, and Timmy Hamilton (JC) DE, Coffeyville CC still to sign today.

Happy JUCO NLI Day to everyone!
whatisee

Post by whatisee »

Welcome aboard Anthony Fotu! Now we're talking!
ANGCatFan

Post by ANGCatFan »

HaCats

Post by HaCats »

2 to play 2......or 3 to play 2? Anyone know?
ANGCatFan

Post by ANGCatFan »

Official site story on the 3 Juco signing today says all 3 have 2 years of eligibility remaining.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

ANGCatFan wrote:Official site story on the 3 Juco signing today says all 3 have 2 years of eligibility remaining.
I think HaCats is asking if any still have a redshirt year available. (3 to play 2)
-JB
ANGCatFan

Post by ANGCatFan »

I understand. When that is the case the release usually says he has 3 to play 2. For all of these guys it just says they have 2 years left to play.
ANGCatFan

Post by ANGCatFan »

I am guessing that (last OKG of the day) means that Dane Cruikshank and Timmy Hamilton will not be signing now and won't arrive until this summer.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

UAEebs86 wrote:
ANGCatFan wrote:Official site story on the 3 Juco signing today says all 3 have 2 years of eligibility remaining.
I think HaCats is asking if any still have a redshirt year available. (3 to play 2)
Magloire spent 2 years at App State so at least he already used his redshirt and will only have 2 to play 2.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

ANGCatFan wrote:I understand. When that is the case the release usually says he has 3 to play 2. For all of these guys it just says they have 2 years left to play.
I've never seen UofA post it that way - seems like something you usually see on message boards and from the insiders.
I heard Fotu has 3 to play 2 (but most likely won't redshirt).
-JB
azthrillhouse

Post by azthrillhouse »

You would think Magloire and Fotu would be likely to play right away (not necessarily start, but seems like both would be competing for PT). Would Morin? Sounds like he's not even 100% sure to end up as a TE.
whatisee

Post by whatisee »

azthrillhouse wrote:You would think Magloire and Fotu would be likely to play right away (not necessarily start, but seems like both would be competing for PT). Would Morin? Sounds like he's not even 100% sure to end up as a TE.
Since he's a former QB as well as a TE. I think he could end up anywhere within the receiving corps.

best radio voice...
"...Flea flicker to the Slot Morin...Morin Looks down field to throw, and finds Soloman wide open for an 80 yard TD!!"
qwertyus

Post by qwertyus »

Really excited about Fotu. 6'4", 285? Sign me UP!
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

Looks like the UA is out of the running for the big DT from Chicago:

http://iowa.scout.com/story/1493548-wil ... o-iowa-msu
3goggles

Post by 3goggles »

dmjcat wrote:Looks like the UA is out of the running for the big DT from Chicago:

http://iowa.scout.com/story/1493548-wil ... o-iowa-msu
Well landing Fotu softens the blow but he wouldve been a great pickup
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

Cats looking at big DB from New Jersey:

http://highschoolsports.nj.com/news/art ... e-clayton/
catinfl

Post by catinfl »

Not really sure we're in need for another DB. McGInnis and Reed is what we need :)
boat343

Post by boat343 »

I think we're in need for quality DBs. We absolutely take that kid if we can get him. I'd say we're pretty set at LB. And, how realistic is McGinnis anyway? And isn't Reed to Stanford pretty much a forgone conclusion?
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

We need another Bondurant, playmakers galore on defense. Hoping Parks becomes that guy next year aside Scooby
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
CatsbyAZ

Post by CatsbyAZ »

boat343 wrote: And isn't Reed to Stanford pretty much a forgone conclusion?
Really sucks to say this, but blowing Dedrick Young's recruitment puts unnecessary pressure on recruiting Reid. Wouldn't suddenly NEED Reid otherwise.
“The force behind the movement of time is a mourning that will not be comforted.” author Marilynne Robinson
The Ooh Aah Man

Post by The Ooh Aah Man »

CatsbyAZ wrote:
boat343 wrote: And isn't Reed to Stanford pretty much a forgone conclusion?
Really sucks to say this, but blowing Dedrick Young's recruitment puts unnecessary pressure on recruiting Reid. Wouldn't suddenly NEED Reid otherwise.
Magloire is going to fill the roll of Bondurant. Parks will play a huge role in the secondary. I think Tellas Jones has a big year.

Not too worried about missing out on Young. LB and WR will be our two deepest positions next year. And we are very young at LB which means we don't need a ton of them in this class. We have two LB's already in this class and are in the running to add one more. if they don't add another, it won't be that big of a deal.
catinfl

Post by catinfl »

We have a very good young group of linebackers. I like our DB's too. People don't realize including the greyshirts were bringing in 7 DB's.. that's a lot and unless he's a real talent I'd rather shore up our LB's or Dline.
TuiTouchdown

Post by TuiTouchdown »

catinfl wrote:We have a very good young group of linebackers. I like our DB's too. People don't realize including the greyshirts were bringing in 7 DB's.. that's a lot and unless he's a real talent I'd rather shore up our LB's or Dline.
Also McCall was a RS Freshman who started for us. Sure he made freshman mistakes, but he'll just improve and be great for us when he's a Senior.
3goggles

Post by 3goggles »

TuiTouchdown wrote:
catinfl wrote:We have a very good young group of linebackers. I like our DB's too. People don't realize including the greyshirts were bringing in 7 DB's.. that's a lot and unless he's a real talent I'd rather shore up our LB's or Dline.
Also McCall was a RS Freshman who started for us. Sure he made freshman mistakes, but he'll just improve and be great for us when he's a Senior.
And we Cam who was a true freshman and will develop this offseason!
Abrahamarvel

Post by Abrahamarvel »

What happened to Holiday? Thought he could be good, but a little too small maybe?
TuiTouchdown

Post by TuiTouchdown »

Abrahamarvel wrote:What happened to Holiday? Thought he could be good, but a little too small maybe?
If I remember correctly he played a fair amount this year. Had a pick, I think. Should be firmly in the rotation next year.
Footballjunkie

Post by Footballjunkie »

Do the recruits ever get re-evaluated by the services?
What I am asking is if I am a "Two Star" in my Junior year of HS am I always going to be a two star?

What if I lead the state and Nation in TD's, tackles, or Interceptions my Senior year because my Jr year in HS I was injured or just learning the game.
I mean if RichRod, Michigan, Florida, USC, Washington, and Alabama are recruiting me, doesn't my number of "stars" change?

Also, will any of our current recruits get an additional star since the HS seasons are over.
I think one of our recruits lead his team to the LA state title and was the Player of the year (POY).

Its a crime if he isn't going to get another star, making him a 4 star?
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

They get re-evaluated all the time. Mostly it's to drop a star if they consider us or gain a star if the SEC is calling.