67 Days Coach Joe Seumalo

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

ANGCatFan

67 Days Coach Joe Seumalo

Post by ANGCatFan »

Seumalo is in his first year as Arizona's defensive line coach after coaching the same unit at San Jose State for the last 7 years. He has been coaching college D-lines for 25 years including 8 years at Oregon St and 1 year with the scummies. He graduated from Hawaii in 1988 where he played D-line and was All-Mountain West 2nd team.

Before his coaching career he spent 6 years playing pro ball in the CFL and NFL Europe. He is an experienced coach with great ties to Hawaii and a history of putting players in the NFL including his son Isaac who is in his 7th NFL season and is a offensive guard with the Eagles. Also, his son Andrew is in his 5th season as the defensive line coach for Lafayette College, his daughter Jessi is the Player Personnel Coordinator for the 49ers, and his son Noah is a linebacker at Oregon St. This family lives and breathes football.

Jonah Coleman averaged 67 yards rushing per game last year to lead the team. Kairee Robinson led SJSU with 99.5 ypg and Quali Conley was 2nd with 64.8 ypg. An indicator that we may be running to set up the pass this year instead of passing to set-up the run like Arizona did last year.
azcat49

Re: 67 Days Coach Joe Seumalo

Post by azcat49 »

This is the one position I worry about the most. We lost a bunch and the philosophy of gap stuffers is changing. Big Joe has had some good years and some really bad years so not sure what to expect
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
Carcassdragger

Re: 67 Days Coach Joe Seumalo

Post by Carcassdragger »

azcat49 wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2024 6:23 am This is the one position I worry about the most. We lost a bunch and the philosophy of gap stuffers is changing. Big Joe has had some good years and some really bad years so not sure what to expect
I agree with this. In what I think was his first Arizona presser, Joe seemed out of it and lost. Didn't look good at all.
2020 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2018 BEARDOWN WILDCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
2017 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2013 GOAZCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion