Gonna be a long 3 years.........

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

BBQ wildcat

Gonna be a long 3 years.........

Post by BBQ wildcat »

If Solomon is our starting QB. Poor decision making. Wildly inaccurate past 20 yards. This loss was on Solomon.
Merkin

Re: Gonna be a long 3 years.........

Post by Merkin »

He is done with Brandon Dawkins redshirting this year.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Tell me more about Dawkins, Merk...
77HoyaCat4Ever

Post by 77HoyaCat4Ever »

CalStateTempe wrote:Tell me more about Dawkins, Merk...
Well to start with he's not Anu Solomon
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Take it for what it's worth, but Ben Hansen says the staff is very high on him, and expect him to be the starter next year. Hansen Jr expects Solomon to transfer to UNLV since the Gorman coach is now HC there.
catinfl

Post by catinfl »

Merkin wrote:
Take it for what it's worth, but Ben Hansen says the staff is very high on him, and expect him to be the starter next year. Hansen Jr expects Solomon to transfer to UNLV since the Gorman coach is now HC there.
lol. Guess we'll find out in the spring, but this seems a bit hard to believe.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

catinfl wrote:
Merkin wrote:
lol
That's why I said: "take it for what it's worth" :D
catinfl

Post by catinfl »

Anu will be the quarterback next year and I have no doubt about it. The kid made some stupid mistakes throughout the year, but guess what? He lead us to one of the best seasons in school history. He will grow and improve as a quarterback. From people I know and what they have said about Solomon is that he is VERY hard on himself. I feel bad for the kid he made an idiotic mistake and hopefully it fuels him to work harder in the off-season. Let's see who we return who were underclassmen this year..

Nick Wilson
Cayleb Jones
Samajie Grant
Nate Phillips
Trey Griffey
TJ Johnson
Scooby Wright
Jarvis McCall
Cam Denson
Jacob Alsadek
Davonte Neal
Derrick Turituri
Parker Zellers (Please god gain some weight)

All of those guys played a lot this year and its a great foundation to build on. We got some players coming in from this recruiting class and I expect an improved team. WITH Anu Solomon as the QB.
3goggles

Post by 3goggles »

Merkin wrote:
catinfl wrote:
Merkin wrote:
lol
That's why I said: "take it for what it's worth" :D
Wait so you clowns want to replace a 4star Anu for a 3star Dawkins! I thought it was all about the star???
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

3goggles wrote: Wait so you clowns want to replace a 4star Anu for a 3star Dawkins! I thought it was all about the star???
Glad to see you calm down 3G!

But in the meantime!
3goggles

Post by 3goggles »

Merkin wrote:
3goggles wrote: Wait so you clowns want to replace a 4star Anu for a 3star Dawkins! I thought it was all about the star???
Glad to see you calm down 3G!

But in the meantime!
Oh I'm calm merk. Its just silly to see people love a kid one moment and want him out of the program the next! The kid had stones look at the cal, @uo and the usc game even though we lost on a missed kick. He clearly needs to work on his accuracy and to work on his quickness a bit. All things that are correctable! I think he will get better from today! He doesn't make any excuses and owns it. Kid is a leader and has skills!and happy new year to all you Brobeans!
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

Wtf is a brobean?
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
Newportcat

Post by Newportcat »

Long 3 years....ummm 2001-2003 was a long three years, the direction of our program is in the exact opposite position right now. Keeping things in perspective, we should be just fine.

Want to talk about sh*tty arizona QB's lets talk about Jason Johnson, Ortege Jenkins, Kris Heavner, Richard Kovalcheck, Matt Scott when he first showed up, Willie tuitama at times...man we have had a lot of bad QB's since i started in school.

Remember we had a 5th year senior in Nick Foles and we went 4-8 so its not all on the QB. Last night might have been but still defense didnt do us any favors early.
2004 First Team All American Football Poster as voted on by GOAZCATS
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Newportcat wrote:Long 3 years....ummm 2001-2003 was a long three years, the direction of our program is in the exact opposite position right now. Keeping things in perspective, we should be just fine.

Want to talk about sh*tty arizona QB's lets talk about Jason Johnson, Ortege Jenkins, Kris Heavner, Richard Kovalcheck, Matt Scott when he first showed up, Willie tuitama at times...man we have had a lot of bad QB's since i started in school.

Remember we had a 5th year senior in Nick Foles and we went 4-8 so its not all on the QB. Last night might have been but still defense didnt do us any favors early.
Jason Johnson was actually pretty good, set a lot of records until Tuitama came along.

JJ was the only UA QB in the PAC-10 era to get a sniff in the NFL, he played in one preseason game.

But that's a telling stat on all the awful QBs the UA has had,
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

I think it's going to be a fun 'next 3 years'.
3goggles

Post by 3goggles »

Puerco wrote:Wtf is a brobean?
You ever watch Blue Mountain State?