New Football Uniforms??? GB Tweet

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

3goggles

Re: New Football Uniforms??? GB Tweet

Post by 3goggles »

PieceOfMeat wrote:
TyrantCat wrote:Image
who would need to die to make this uniform happen?
Bercovichi
3goggles

Post by 3goggles »

Any news on the NIKE contract?
3goggles

Post by 3goggles »

Seems like they corrected the numbers by straightened them vertically

http://www.beardownshop.com/COLLEGE_Ari ... all_Jersey
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

3goggles wrote:Seems like they corrected the numbers by straightened them vertically

http://www.beardownshop.com/COLLEGE_Ari ... all_Jersey
I can't believe anyone would buy a replica. The gradient that stops midway down the sleeve looks comical. I don't even hate the gradient, but going from red back to blue like the last 3 inches are tacked on?
ANGCatFan

Post by ANGCatFan »

OK, this is out of the blue (and red and white). Sportsblog, who I know everyone checks daily, rates the 10 best college football uniforms.

#4 Arizona Wildcats- The wildcats introduced these jerseys last season and they have been highly regard ever since. The blue and red combo is classic and the bright red is a very fresh color. The best part is how the number on the jersey fades from a blue to a red.
They obviously didn't look close at the shoulder fade.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

It's so unnoticeable that it doesn't matter
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
BearDown89

Post by BearDown89 »

Not uniforms. Honoring Bob Baffert for his Triple Crown at the Utah game.
ANGCatFan

Post by ANGCatFan »

Like the textured copper. Love the 4 on top with or without the Wildcat logo!
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Oh I don't like the Wildcat logo ones

azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Love the wildcat logo ones although it might look better if the logo was on the back middle of the helmet
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
FightWildcatsFight

Post by FightWildcatsFight »

If the wild cat logo was about half or a quarter of that size it'd be perfect.
BearDown89

Post by BearDown89 »

Not crazy about the Wildcat logo, but the colors are right on.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

They are like chrome metallic helmets. The matte I'd much better for our school colors

Sage&Silver

Post by Sage&Silver »

I'd be down with the WC logo on the front if Nike went crazy with the next set of uniforms. They're the only Arizona mock ups I'd actually like to see.

If they keep it basic like the last two sets, keep the basic lids.

*Also, the equipment guys need to take note of the size of those block As.
UAEebs86

Staying with Nike for 10 more years

Post by UAEebs86 »

From Byrne's weekly e-mail:

PROUD TO PARTNER WITH NIKE

We in Arizona Athletics are committed to providing our student-athletes with a first-class experience. From academics to athletics and everything in between, we do our best to put those young men and women in the best possible position to succeed. Amongst many initiatives, we want to outfit the members of our department with the gear and equipment that matches that goal. As a result, we’re happy to announce that we’ve reached a long-term agreement with NIKE to remain our footwear, apparel and equipment provider through 2025.
Because we place such a high value on our Wildcat Wednesday subscribers, we wanted you to be the first group to see our official media release, which will be circulated across the country tomorrow.
Here is the release:
Arizona and NIKE Extend Agreement Through 2025
Arizona Athletics has reached a long-term agreement with NIKE, the world’s leading sports and fitness company, to remain the Wildcats’ official athletic footwear, apparel and equipment provider through June 30, 2025. The value of the extension, which went into effect on July 1, 2015, ranks Arizona among the top tier of NIKE’s stable of college athletics departments.
“We’re thrilled that a brand like NIKE, which dominates the collegiate apparel space, considered Arizona a priority and we were able to generate an extension that will be beneficial for both parties moving forward,” said UA Director of Athletics Greg Byrne. “Through conversations with student-athletes, coaches and staff, we concluded that NIKE was the preferred apparel company for the University of Arizona. This was confirmed by a peer institution who recently conducted a survey of student-athletes, resulting in an overwhelming majority stating that their brand of choice was NIKE.”
The information that was gathered played an important role in Arizona Athletics’ decision-making process as it underscores the institution’s commitment to providing student-athletes with the best support possible.
“Excellence and Integrity, the first two values listed in the University of Arizona’s Mission Statement, are part of the bond that first brought Nike and Arizona together more than three decades ago,” said Kit Morris, Nike’s Senior Director for College Sports Marketing. “We are fortunate to serve the student-athletes and coaches of an institution that is rich in tradition and also driven by strong values; and, we look forward to working together for many years to come.”
Arizona’s extension is based upon an agreement with Nike that commenced in 2006 and the extension will continue to supply uniforms, footwear, apparel and equipment for all 20 of Arizona’s athletics programs.
“NIKE has been an excellent partner of ours for a number of years,” Byrne added. “We’re happy that we’ll continue representing the ‘Swoosh’ along with so many of the top athletics departments around the country.”
NIKE has been such a great partner for Arizona Athletics and we’re ecstatic that the relationship will continue for the next 10 years.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Only detail is the contract length. I want numbers and details.
prh

Post by prh »

Too long of a contract. Nike's been doing this, signing long contracts which are slanted toward the partner at first, but most likely great for Nike later. If we're one of their "top tier" programs, we don't need the safety net of a 10 year contract, unless we foresee that perception changing (which I don't).
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Makes we think it so It coincides with the Addidas + Compton magic = UCLA conspiracy, what with the timing and all
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Virginia's new contract with Nike is A 10 year $35 million contract. Ours should be the same or better and if it's not then Greg Byrne screwed the pooch.
Last edited by ChooChooCat on Thu Aug 13, 2015 6:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

prh wrote:Too long of a contract. Nike's been doing this, signing long contracts which are slanted toward the partner at first, but most likely great for Nike later. If we're one of their "top tier" programs, we don't need the safety net of a 10 year contract, unless we foresee that perception changing (which I don't).
Kentucky, Florida, and Florida State all just renewed their Nike contracts through 2024/2025, so obviously this is an effort on Nike's part to lock in key scholastic partners long-term.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

azcat49 wrote:Makes we think it so It coincides with the Addidas + Compton magic = UCLA conspiracy, what with the timing and all
Think you are reaching way too far. This has been in the works long before that and as Chi said all the big Nike schools, Arizona was one of the firsts, are getting locked in around now for the long term.
2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
splitsecond

Post by splitsecond »

I just want it to be more than what ASSU got from Adidas so I can rub it in on a few people
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

splitsecond wrote:I just want it to be more than what ASSU got from Adidas so I can rub it in on a few people
It won't be. Adidas has to overpay for schools to win these contracts and that's not Nike's strategy or M.O. nor should it be for the top brand in the world. We are getting a major bump up in pay per year though if the Virginia contract is the basis for ours along with the fact we're Nike's major product in the state now. Adidas will never get the return on investment that they're looking for from ASU. That in of itself is more than gratifying.
Scummy Dick Douglas

Post by Scummy Dick Douglas »

Arizona's deal is worth $3.8 mil / year. Pretty solid.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Scummy Dick Douglas wrote:Arizona's deal is worth $3.8 mil / year. Pretty solid.
Link?
Scummy Dick Douglas

https://twitter.com/PaolaBoivin/status/ ... 4214670336

I wonder how much of that deal is cash and how much is merchandise.
Scummy Dick Douglas

http://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/h ... /31627007/

That^ might have already been posted here, but it will give you a good idea of what to gauge the new deal against.
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

Hey, at least our uni isn't the recipient of this quote:
There is no world in which that putrid shade of orange is at all acceptable. No, not even in the psychedelic world revealed to your inner eye after you ingest a “magical” sugar cube sold to you by some ancient bearded dude named Froggy, a jolly but shifty-eyed man who swears on his personal Bible — a dogeared copy of a Carlos Castaneda book — that he almost obtained his PhD in chemistry before The Man stepped in and harsh’d his research mellow. That shade of orange — a shade somewhere between “creamsicle” and “sun-bleached candy corn” — is just that bad.
Lol, pretty funny article.

http://fansided.com/2015/08/20/ranking- ... s-time/11/

Oh, and at least we're not wearing these monstrosities:

'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

ANGCatFan wrote: Like the textured copper. Love the 4 on top with or without the Wildcat logo!
While I wouldn't want to see the wildcat logo helmets for an entire season, I think those would be pretty neat or a game or two.

The copper helmet, honestly I've never been much off a fan of the copper helmet for our team, but that copper helmet looks a hell of a lot nicer than the ones we've trotted out in the past.

I'm still wishing we'd do a true throwback helmet, I mean waaaaay back, when red and blue weren't the colors ;)
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

azgreg

Post by azgreg »

PieceOfMeat wrote: I'm still wishing we'd do a true throwback helmet, I mean waaaaay back, when red and blue weren't the colors ;)
Sage and silver for the win.
wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

The "A" needs to be bigger. We have to have some design say so.
BMalo

Post by BMalo »

I think we half-assed our copper helmets.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

BMalo wrote:I think we half-assed our copper helmets.
What else can you do with a copper helmet...it's just copper

FightWildcatsFight

Post by FightWildcatsFight »

PieceOfMeat wrote:
ANGCatFan wrote: Like the textured copper. Love the 4 on top with or without the Wildcat logo!
While I wouldn't want to see the wildcat logo helmets for an entire season, I think those would be pretty neat or a game or two.

The copper helmet, honestly I've never been much off a fan of the copper helmet for our team, but that copper helmet looks a hell of a lot nicer than the ones we've trotted out in the past.

I'm still wishing we'd do a true throwback helmet, I mean waaaaay back, when red and blue weren't the colors ;)
I think those helmets only look good because of the helmet itself, not the design over it. Put any of those designs on the helmets we wear now and they'll look just as bad as the others.
Sage&Silver

Post by Sage&Silver »

PieceOfMeat wrote:

ANGCatFan

Post by ANGCatFan »

Greg Byrne did a interview with the Daily Wildcat. Lots of issues covered, but includes this:
Arizona just signed a new deal with Nike. Do you have any new uniforms in the works?

We have a few things up our sleeves. It takes a while. The turnaround on uniforms are about a year, so we’re already ordering next year’s things right now, across the board. We have a great partnership with Nike. We talk about creative things with them on a regular basis. At the same time, too, I think we’ve done some really cool things from a uniform standpoint. A lot of schools have done black. A lot of schools have done offshoots of what their colors are. We’ve done the copper helmets. But I like our colors. We’ve got America’s colors. I’m not necessarily a big fan of getting too far away from that.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Good. I'd be upset if we suddenly had some stupid grey or black uniforms. Copper is the most we should go, and besides it actually has a story behind it.

azgreg

Post by azgreg »

"We have a few things up our sleeves." I hope this means getting rid of the rainbow bright stripes.
catinfl

Post by catinfl »

I want matte helmets.
azpenguin

Post by azpenguin »

I can't find the tweet, but some months back someone on twitter commented on the 90's unis and said they should do throwbacks, and I think it was Dudek who replied "You never know" or something along those lines. I'd love to see throwbacks to the late '80s unis.
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

ASUHATER! wrote:Good. I'd be upset if we suddenly had some stupid grey or black uniforms. Copper is the most we should go, and besides it actually has a story behind it.
Like the special Nike hoops unis?
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Yeah those orange and grey uniforms were awful.