Hard Edge Camp Week 3

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Chicat

Re: Hard Edge Camp Week 3

Post by Chicat »

That was a really nice look at the kid. Well done.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
BearDown89

Post by BearDown89 »

Thanks AG, great stuff.

Scheer has a video interview with Morrison up on Scout Premium from Media Day. Clearly a great kid. Can't wait to see him take his place in the program.
threenumberones

Post by threenumberones »

Not to be a broken record, but that was well written AG.

Just love all the overachievers in the class. And you know that attitude is infectious. Nothing would make me happier than for this discarded class of disappointments that has been crapped on by all the stargazers to be the cornerstone of a Rose Bowl run in a couple of years.
ANGCatFan

Post by ANGCatFan »

Lots of good media day quotes from Ryan Kelapire from AZDS. Good info on the tight ends, corners, and receivers.
ANGCatFan

Post by ANGCatFan »

FightWildcatsFight

Post by FightWildcatsFight »

Anyone going to the Beanie Bowl tomorrow?
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
OSUCat

Post by OSUCat »

I don't see how Cobb can have impact in run game unless he is used as some type of FB type of position. I can't recall RR doing much substituting for short yardage when they want to keep moving faster.
Formerly Lynx Rufus.
Gladiator Cat

Post by Gladiator Cat »

Guys stop and think about this for a second and try to quantify what RR just did.

If my memory serves me right, and I may be wrong on Cobb and Ware.

I believe we were battling USC for their serves down to wire or close to it. Now take a step back and try to grasp just how far we have come defensively as a unit.

Cobb and Ware were both high level 4 Stars and it was thought that at-least Cobb would be playing his true freshman year and Ware got hurt.

Fast forward a year and these two great recruits can't even make the two deep at Arizona.

Stop and think about that for a second. That is amazing and says wonders about what Casteel and RR are putting together here.

Cobb is being moved to a hybrid FB position I'm assuming on offense and Ware is probably going to see most of his time on ST's and some mop up duty.

Wow you want to talk about the development system the staff has implemented.

Two former walk-on's in Matthews and Ippolito with few options during their recruitment are holding starter positions over two highly regarded 4 Stars that to this point can't beat them out.

The Arizona Football program has never been in better hands.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Ippolito was always a scholarship guy if I'm not mistaken.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Great stuff AG!

Love it:

"I have always been that little fast guy with skinny legs," Morrison said. "No one is ever expecting me to be able to hit as well as I do, but that's always been kind of my trademark. You see me ... I'm fast, but I like to pride myself on not being afraid to come up and make a tackle."

Pretty strange if a true freshman and a wide receiver turned corner start for Arizona, 1st year for both at the Div I level.
dc4azcats

Post by dc4azcats »

threenumberones wrote:Not to be a broken record, but that was well written AG.

Just love all the overachievers in the class. And you know that attitude is infectious. Nothing would make me happier than for this discarded class of disappointments that has been crapped on by all the stargazers to be the cornerstone of a Rose Bowl run in a couple of years.
Well said. Coaching staff>>>>>>>>>>star gazers.

Lets look at the guys from this class who will most likely see PT TY? Shun Brown, Morrison, Anthony Fotu, Flannigan-Fowles, Kendal Franklin, Mariscal, Magloire and Kosinski. Best players play.

Speaking of great interviews, Scheer had a great interview with Kendal Franklin who came in and just attached himself to the hip of Scooby Wright. He said "if you want to be the best then learn from the best and do what he does." He said the Scooby workout is killer but it's made him a better football player. He went on to say how much Scooby is teaching him.

One other note, three of the above are from Louisiana - Brown, Franklin, and Bradford.
azpenguin

Post by azpenguin »

dc4azcats wrote:One other note, three of the above are from Louisiana - Brown, Franklin, and Bradford.
I remember thinking how odd it was that they wanted to go to Shreveport so badly for a bowl game. But looking at the Louisiana pipeline these guys are building, it makes more sense now.

I also remember the concerns that RR and crew had no recruiting connections out west, how were they going to recruit California and Nevada, etc. I think they've done juuust fine.