Game #2 @ Nevada Wolf Pack discussion thread

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

ANGCatFan

Re: Game #2 @ Nevada Wolf Pack discussion thread

Post by ANGCatFan »

AZDS 3 Keys to a Wildcat Victory.

Reminder this year the series is based on an actor from the area where the school is located. This week is Dawn Wells who is best known for being the girl next door castaway Mary Ann.

You'll have to read the article to see how Jason Bartel works hard to make these connections:
1. Haden Gilligan

2. The Professor

3. Ginger
threenumberones

Post by threenumberones »

Aaaaand UTSA gets pounded at home against an unranked KState. Didn't think it was possible for us to look shittier..
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Our defense is going to be awful without Scooby. First to 40 wins in our games this year.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
FightWildcatsFight

Post by FightWildcatsFight »

I don't feel great about this game
Disambiguator

Post by Disambiguator »

Sorry to be so blunt, but some of you sound like whining pussies. Chicken Littles everywhere. Sack up and have a little faith...we are going to be just fine.
ANGCatFan

Post by ANGCatFan »

Players of the week:
Running back Nick Wilson collected the Offensive Player of the Week award for his dazzling 194-yard, three-touchdown rushing performance. The sophomore needed only 21 carries to pace his hefty 9.2-yard per carry average that helped the Wildcats net 301 rushing yards – their most in over a calendar year. Wilson also added 30 receiving yards on two receptions, giving him a career-best 224 all-purpose yards.

Defensive honors were split by senior safeties Jamar Allah and Will Parks, who each had their hands in big plays against the Wolf Pack, along with senior defensive end Reggie Gilbert. Allah totaled four tackles, including one for loss, and snared his first career interception. Parks added five tackles, including two for loss, while forcing a fumble for the second straight game. Gilbert registered three tackles and headlined a defensive front that limited Nevada to 327 total yards. The combined efforts helped the Arizona defense stop Nevada on 10 drives that did not result in a first down.

Scout Team Player of the Week honors went to redshirt freshman quarterback Zach Werlinger (offense), redshirt sophomore cornerback Isaiah Strong (defense) and freshman linebacker Carrington Vaughn.

The team’s Hard Edge Player of the Week was senior center Cayman Bundage, while freshman receiver Shun Brown was named the Student of the Week. Senior safety Anthony Lopez was recognized with the Community Service Award.
azpenguin

Post by azpenguin »

RazorsEdgeAZ wrote:Nevada LB says they'll shut down AZ run game.
Senior linebacker Bryan Lane Jr. is one of the few Wolf Pack players who played in both of those games. He seems plenty confident Nevada will be able to slow down Arizona’s vaunted offense.

“They want to spread us out and get to the perimeter and get one-on-one situations,” Lane said. “We get 11 hats to the ball and we’ll shut it down really good. They can’t run on our front four, so we’ll shut that down as well. We just have to stay poised and just rise to the occasion.”
http://www.rgj.com/story/sports/college ... /71944740/
:lol:
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Polian got fined $10,000 for his sideline antics.
ANGCatFan

Post by ANGCatFan »

Before this season I had no idea who David Kelly was, but he has quickly become my favorite local sports reporter. He's working hard to give us some solid game breakdowns, both before and after games.

Look on this link for "The art of the adjustment" video where he shows one of the adjustments Casteel made to slow down Nevada last week.

Note: We can do vimeo and youtube videos, but would still love to have a way to embed videos that have an embed code. We are the best Arizona board for supplying videos and images and I want to continue to expand our advantage.

Here are the gifs from the Nevada game.

First the 2 scores everyone not in the stadium missed. Thanks CBS!

Wilson, Worthy, and more Wilson for a TD.

Wilson scores again and Jamardre Cobb with his first catch and first score as a Wildcat.

Cayleb catch and Wilson with a spin move score.

Randall and Bradford both prove they can run!

Finally, the new Arizona flag.