Start the RichRod rumors and the Maryland job

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

dirtbags

Re: Start the RichRod rumors and the Maryland job

Post by dirtbags »

CalStateTempe wrote:I'm actually cool if RR left.

If he stays super, if he leaves, move on.

I like the guy but overall I'm pretty indifferent.
just curious, CST - who is your all-time favorite Arizona Football hc? are you a tomey man? larry smith? pop mckale doesn't count.

it took me a little while to warm up to him at first, but i love me some RR and hope he never leaves. same goes for byrne and CSM. not interested in upgrading or trading-in.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Given I've only been a fan since 99 (frosh year), I'd have to say RR.

Listen, I love the guy. I think he reps us great and is building a solid program. Light years better the that hillbilly Stoops.

But he is maddening at times. He play called gets tight in the weirdest times, i.e. @ furd, 2012 or any of the ASU games except for last year. If he were to leave, I'd be sad, but not heartbroken. And I would be excited to see who would come in and make ARIZONA theirs.

I would want a coach with a less gimmicky defense. I guess I see how Furd was dog shit for so many years, then got lucky with Harbaugh and built a solid pro-style football program from the ground up; and I guess I want the same thing for the CATS.

Would we take a step back, most definitely, but would be get someone hungry, with solid football fundamentals, willing to come in ground floor and built it. Sure. Who, I don't know.

Its not like RR has built a stable of horses either, considering this years depth.

I'm really trying to having a discussion here, even though I know this post is going to jumped on as a "contrarian view"
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

Nah, not so contrarian.

I'd be disappointed if RR left, but it wouldn't be the end of the world. The recent defensive struggles have left me worried that win big will never come. If the walkons on the depth chart were contributing to an effective defense, I'd be happy. But they're on the depth chart and the defense is really, really weak. That worries me.
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
RazorsEdgeAZ

Post by RazorsEdgeAZ »

Bovada goes with Kirby Smart as early favorite for South Carolina

Kirby Smart+250
Shawn Elliot+300
Justin Fuente+400
Ed Orgeron+400
Jeff Brohm+700
Matt Campbell+800
cordera89

Post by cordera89 »

Now their is one article that mention him to become South Carolina because his OC stint at Clemson but it doesn't mean much thou.https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/ear ... -maryland/" target="_blank