Start the RichRod rumors and the USC job

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

splitsecond

Re: Start the RichRod rumors and the USC job

Post by splitsecond »

Are we still so battered from Larry Smith leaving that we think everyone will leave? Really?

RichRod and Miller are kings of their own kingdom here, and with the parity in college football continuing to become greater and greater among power 5 schools, unless somehow the school turns on RichRod, he isn't going anywhere.
qwertyus

Post by qwertyus »

splitsecond wrote:Are we still so battered from Larry Smith leaving that we think everyone will leave? Really?

with the parity in college football continuing to become greater and greater among power 5 schools, unless somehow the school turns on RichRod, he isn't going anywhere.
At the very least, there's no sense worrying about a fire when there's no smoke. And even then, we can't prevent him from leaving for a big-name school. I just figure why worry about something that won't happen for years.
Fishclamps

Post by Fishclamps »

qwertyus wrote:
splitsecond wrote:Are we still so battered from Larry Smith leaving that we think everyone will leave? Really?

with the parity in college football continuing to become greater and greater among power 5 schools, unless somehow the school turns on RichRod, he isn't going anywhere.
At the very least, there's no sense worrying about a fire when there's no smoke. And even then, we can't prevent him from leaving for a big-name school. I just figure why worry about something that won't happen for years.
Very good points. They gave the big 3 golden handcuffs for a reason. Miller is at a school that has an excellent bball program, RR gets to put his system in place with 0 worries, and Byrne gets to take a lot of the credit for it. I fully expect Byrne to leave at some point, and if that day comes he'd have my full support and my desire for him to succeed.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

When Byrne leaves, it will be when both programs are in the top 25, and hopefully higher up in the polls.

Last seasons FB ended up 17/19. BB 4/5.

That's an excellent athletic program. Doubt either will end up that high current seasons, but a top 25 for FB and top 10 for BB are still quite good seasons so Byrne could leave on a high note.