16 Shun Brown

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

ANGCatFan

16 Shun Brown

Post by ANGCatFan »

Brown is a 5-8, 167, Freshman receiver from Calvary Baptist Academy, Shreveport, LA. A special teams star in high school, Brown had 1,338 career kick-off return yards with 7 kick-offs returned for TDs and 917 punt return yards with 3 punt returns for TDs. Here is a nice SB Nation article from signing day highlighting Brown's ability on both sides of the ball. You have to like a guy who was not only selected as the best DB in practice at the Semper-Fi All-American game, but also set a school record with 23 TDs as a senior.

Brown has been the stand out Freshman of camp so far. He has the potential to play on either side of the ball and the coaches let him choose to begin at receiver. During the first week when players were asked which Freshman was standing out the first named always mentioned was Brown. Having Tyrell Johnson limited with a foot injury has opened an opportunity for Brown and he has taken full advantage. He looks like a lock to be part of the receiver rotation and may even find a role on special teams.
“I’m extremely excited about Shun. He’s a very versatile athlete, playing basketball in high school along with football. He can play both ways. I’m looking forward to what his physical and mental toughness will bring to our program and I’m looking forward to coaching him.” – UA Coach Tony Dews

16 is Ka'Deem Carey's Arizona record for consecutive 100 yard games and also the Arizona record for most points by a kicker in a game which Casey Skowron tied last year against UTSA.

azgreg

Re: 16 Shun Brown

Post by azgreg »

Really looking forward to watch this kid play.
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

Me too, but you'd think we could've used another body at CB?
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
TuiTouchdown

Post by TuiTouchdown »

Says a lot about a kid who can get into the rotation as a True Freshman with this WR group. In 2 years, when Grant, Jones (who may be gone this year), Phillips, Griffey, are gone we'll need him.
ANGCatFan

Post by ANGCatFan »

azgreg

Post by azgreg »

I want to beat the Ruins so bad.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Wouldn't mind seeing him field punts instead of you know who...

Good story on why he played more WR in HS: http://www.azdesertswarm.com/recruiting ... highlights
FightWildcatsFight

Post by FightWildcatsFight »

Brown getting some love on the PAC12 Training Camp Preview from the hosts.
ANGCatFan

Post by ANGCatFan »

ANGCatFan

Post by ANGCatFan »