APR

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Merkin

APR

Post by Merkin »

Awful.

Almost Stoops bad when he lost a scholarship.

MULTI-YEAR

Stanford 983
Utah 983
Washington 974
UCLA 972
Oregon 969
Colorado 968
Washington State 965
Arizona State 960
Cal 960
USC 959
Arizona 955
Oregon State 949
Last edited by Merkin on Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
scumdevils86

Re: APR

Post by scumdevils86 »

yikes. dead dead last.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

How does this hsppen? I thought we had this as am emphasis after the last time?
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Shameful
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
gronk4heisman

Post by gronk4heisman »

Better get the academic center built soon.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

I guess this proves no one is writing papers and taking tests for these guys...
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Gross
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

http://www.ncaa.org/about/resources/res ... -explained" target="_blank

Currently, teams must earn a 930 four-year average APR or a 940 average over the most recent two years to participate in NCAA championships. In 2015-16 and beyond, teams must earn a four-year APR of 930 to compete in championships.

While the APR is intended as an incentive-based approach, it does come with a progression of penalties for teams that under-perform academically over time.

The first penalty level limits teams to 16 hours of practice per week over five days (as opposed to 20 over six days), with the lost four hours to be replaced with academic activities.
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

What a turd. Even in Frank Beamer's worst Va. Tech years, his consistently high APR saved his job multiple times. Same with Bill Snyder at Kansas State.

Blame for this figure points squarely at U of A football support staff.

Greg Byrne did finally respond to my Pac-12 Network complaint email requesting my contact number for discussion, believe it or not. So whoever I'll be talking to eventually, I'll be sure to include this unacceptable APR figure in the discussion.
azpenguin

Post by azpenguin »

http://tucson.com/sports/blogs/uafootba ... 2278d.html

“Overall, our multiyear APR number is healthy,” Byrne told the Star. “Last academic year, we had a combination of factors with a handful of student-athletes that led to a poor single-year APR number.

“We take this very seriously. For this current academic year, our fall numbers are significantly improved and in fact should be one of our better APR numbers on record. And the spring semester is heading in the same direction.”

Sucks, but bad APR years can happen. Basketball was at 906. If it becomes a trend then I'd worry.
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

The football multiyear APR is NOT healthy Mr. Byrne. It's the second lowest in the PAC, which is not acceptable.

Indoor practice field. Git her done!
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
RazorsEdgeAZ

Post by RazorsEdgeAZ »

Assume GB just spinning and projecting the MYAPR score as being healthy. The single year APR making big drops every year under RR. Then again, RR never has had a rep for maintaining an upward APR at Michigan or WV.

Ironically it's a partial Stoops last single APR year, and definitely many Stoops recruits helping the MYAPR average. But now the MYAPR average also beginning to drop now with more Stoops years not being calculated in the MYAPR average.

Anyway, RR still getting that $25k annual MYAPR bonus. So is GB (bonus). So no bonus worries for now. AZ could have a couple more years in last place in pac12 and below the 930 line APR and RR and GB can still get their bonuses and stay out of a NCAA penalty.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

Been told this is not the last year but from a few years prior and things have already greatly improved for the football team
2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
qwertyus

Post by qwertyus »

How's APR calculated?
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

qwertyus wrote:How's APR calculated?

The APR is calculated as follows:

Each student-athlete receiving athletically related financial aid earns one point for staying in school and one point for being academically eligible.
A team’s total points are divided by points possible and then multiplied by 1,000 to equal the team’s Academic Progress Rate.
In addition to a team’s current-year APR, its rolling four-year APR is also used to determine accountability.

Basketball team was at 1000, but dropped this year.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »