63 Keenan Walker

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

ANGCatFan

63 Keenan Walker

Post by ANGCatFan »

Walker is a 6-5, 283, Freshman, offensive lineman from Chaparral HS, Scottsdale, AZ. He was the highest rated recruit of the 2015 class and one of the top players in Arizona. Walker became a gray shirt after he tore his ACL in an All-Star game. He was an Under Armour All-American, All-State, and had all the other honors that comes with being one of the top lineman in the country. Here is the what AZ Desert Swarm wrote about Walker on signing day:
Walker possesses an abundance of natural strength. Pair that with his natural athletic ability, and the potential for Walker is boundless. Walker's lean body figure will allow room to bulk up, which will only contribute more to his, already, freakish strength. However, it seems at times Walker might rely too heavily on his hulk-like strength, forgetting about his technique and pad level; sometimes losing balance, lunging to deliver that killer blow. Good news is these are all easily correctable with offensive line coach Jim Michalczik, and come fall, I do not see it being an issue. Keenan's strength and athleticism will be crucial as he anchors the offensive line in Arizona's quest to become Pac-12 Champions.

Quotes from his OKG Day bio:
“Keenan is a great kid for any college football team. He’s a 6-6, 285-pound guy that has the killer instinct to be successful at an elite college level. He plays the game how it is supposed to be played. He is aggressive and has a great work ethic. He has the correct 1v1 mindset to make tackles. From the years I had the chance to coach him, he has turned into one heck of a football player.” – Chaparral HS Coach Conrad Hamilton

“Keenan has great athletic ability. He is ultra competitive and a hard worker. He has a tremendous upside that can bring a lot to our football program.” – UA Coach Jim Michalczik

“Keenan has a ton of upside. He had an unfortunate accident and tore his ACL in the Under Armour All-American Game but he’s a very highly coveted prospect with offers from everybody. I really think that he can be a dominating factor for us for many years to come.” – UA Coach Charlie Ragle
Most Freshman offensive lineman are guaranteed to redshirt, but because of his talent and early enrollment in January Keenan could be a factor in the line rotation this year.

63% is how often Arizona scored a TD last year when they were in the red zone.

No. 63 Kickoff Return Average, Career: 27.4 yards, Floyd Hudlow, 1963-64 (30 for 822)
Merkin

Re: 63 Keenan Walker

Post by Merkin »

Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Punishment will be handled "internally". Not sure what that exactly means, but I'm guessing he's not getting kicked off the team.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Got in a tussle with security guards when carded in old town. He will learn
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
Newportcat

Post by Newportcat »

Got in a fight with bouncers....I never once saw that happen in college....said no one who ever went to the U of A
2004 First Team All American Football Poster as voted on by GOAZCATS
UALoco

Post by UALoco »

So the most important question...who won?
tgrumpy2

Post by tgrumpy2 »

I don't know what happened but I'm still going to make a stab at it. Keenan showed the bouncer a fake I.D. and the bouncer recognized it was fake and promptly told Keenan and probably was going to keep the I.D. Keenan probably lunged at it trying to grab his I.D. back and run but was caught and they called the police. I think this because that's what I did when I was his age but I just got caught and they took the I.D. from me and kicked by butt out. But I wasn't a UofA football player in a Sundevil country. I think this will probably turn out to be a misdemeanor assault with some sort of plea agreement involving community service and a fine. I don't think Keenan is a nasty person, I think he was being a college kid.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

Keenan was wearing an Arizona hat and was told to take it off before entering the club. Bouncer also made a nasty Wildcat comment and pro-Scum Devil comment. Chingasos ensued.
tgrumpy2

Post by tgrumpy2 »

chiefzona wrote:Keenan was wearing an Arizona hat and was told to take it off before entering the club. Bouncer also made a nasty Wildcat comment and pro-Scum Devil comment. Chingasos ensued.
Thank you chief. I knew there was a reasonable explanation for what he did. I like mine better but oh well.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Not that anyone cares.