ChiefZona is in The Box.

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

JMarkJohns

ChiefZona is in The Box.

Post by JMarkJohns »

For reasons I'll not discuss here yet, but will publicly if it comes to that, for his aggressive and daring attitude toward requests made in the best interest of this message board, ChiefZona has had his account temporarily disabled.

It is temporary, but his tone with me and UAdevil's request was met with stern resistance, and a challenge to ban him because he wouldn't change.

Ok. He wants it. So, he gets it.

What we have here is a failure to communicate.

But it wasn't on our end.

When Chief gets his mind right, he'll be back.

Nobody asked him to even change his message. He can still be "Chief Zona" when he gets back, so long as he's a smarter, more level headed version who better understands the concept of not burning bridges.
scumdevils86

Re: ChiefZona is in The Box.

Post by scumdevils86 »

big thumbs up
JMarkJohns

Post by JMarkJohns »

Some men can't be reasoned with.

This site extends outward to work with and promote professional content, not tear it down and wither. This site isn't his personal echo chamber.

And what's funny is I didn't even ask him to stop.

Just to keep from mentioning the media and it's members by name per request of multiple entities/members.

We all have flaws. Maybe we all need to work on something, but I have a long term plan for this site and it isn't to alienate working professionals the way Ace did.
TheBlackLodge

Post by TheBlackLodge »

Good job JMark
Formerly McLurvin
cordera89

Post by cordera89 »

Can I ask a question? What did Chief really do to get his account temporarily disable I mean what was really said. I know you cant discuss it but it sound like Chief threaten the site from your view of it.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

I think you should discuss it publicly. I'm not certain as to what he did exactly to get banned.
JMarkJohns

Post by JMarkJohns »

He's not banned
cordera89

Post by cordera89 »

JMarkJohns wrote:He's not banned
Did he threaten you and UAdevil?
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

I'm so confused.
JMarkJohns

Post by JMarkJohns »

Long story short:

We are a Co-operative. We each bring something of value and it helps build something greater than the individual. The sum is greater than each member component. Chief belongs in that.

However, I have received messages from media members asking for their name or site to be removed from Chief's posts, or for Chief to tone down how he links them to his unsubstantiated opinion.

That's fair. Why? Because this site promotes many Tucson and Wildcat media members on Twitter. We actually have several as members of our co-op.

When words like lawsuit, defamation, and libel are mentioned with regards to his content, I'm going to look at both sides and make a decision.

Given my open commitment to one day turning this into a hub of content blogs, and even professional content teasers, I do not wish to burn bridges with members or their employers.

Additionally, when simply asked to not link or name by name these media members or their employers, especially to antagonistic if not unsubstantiated claims, Chief basically told us he wasn't changing, that he's his own person, and that he won't be bought.

Since this isn't his site, and blogs and twitter are free, I encouraged him to blog his opinions elsewhere. He declined and said we'd have to ban him to keep him quiet.

We still haven't banned him. Just forced a reactivation. His account can be reinstated. But given he openly bragged to me about how he's been banned by others, I think he wants this.

I'm hopeful he understands we aren't going to lose affiliations for our potential future because they are pissed at his rants. If he wants to play the rebel and "tell it like it is" he can. Just don't be the name/entity-dropping jerk about it.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

That all makes a lot of sense, just don't understand why you were being all cryptic about it. We are a Co-Op here and everyone here deserves to know what is going on behind the scenes.
JMarkJohns

Post by JMarkJohns »

Alieberman wrote:That all makes a lot of sense, just don't understand why you were being all cryptic about it. We are a Co-Op here and everyone here deserves to know what is going on behind the scenes.
Wasn't trying to be cryptic. Was me trying to be clever and tie in some Cool Hand Luke references while sitting in a waiting room.

I didn't have to say anything.

But I want to. I believe it's important to be open.

If Chief is banned, it's because it's the option he chose.
cordera89

Post by cordera89 »

That understandable but it sound like he was threatening something.
threenumberones

Post by threenumberones »

F that guy - well done admins.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

He is a program cancer and now it's evident he is a board cancer. Nice job in cutting out the growth.

No one is here to witness his personal gain or attempt at it
Last edited by azcat49 on Tue May 09, 2017 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

I'm sure Chief would tell you he left on his own. Just like at Scout. :lol:
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

You should just ban him now permanently if he was doing the stuff you said jmark
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
ANGCatFan

Post by ANGCatFan »

Thanks for being willing to take the move and keeping us informed.

Chief is going to be Chief which forces adults to step in when he starts harming the board again.
Carcassdragger

Post by Carcassdragger »

Personally I think the guy is mostly full.of shit and almost entirely interested in self-aggrandizement.

That being said, one of the main problems with most of his posts is the cryptic nature of them in an attempt to make himself appear as more of an insider ten he really is. So to take this action because he named names seems to be somewhat misplaced.
2020 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2018 BEARDOWN WILDCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
2017 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2013 GOAZCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
JMarkJohns

Post by JMarkJohns »

carcassdragger wrote:Personally I think the guy is mostly full.of shit and almost entirely interested in self-aggrandizement.

That being said, one of the main problems with most of his posts is the cryptic nature of them in an attempt to make himself appear as more of an insider ten he really is. So to take this action because he named names seems to be somewhat misplaced.
I received emails. Plural. From media/entities.

Before yesterday I was blissfully unaware of his existence here. But after reading his recent posts, digging a little deeper, I opted to discuss the situation with ownership.

I take responsibility for deactivating the account.

But all the specifics and exact references were discussed with Chief and he opted to play the martyr because it fits his too cool to care all knowing asshole schtick.

He was given every opportunity to not have this happen.

He literally chose this.

He could have said "hey, yeah, I didn't realize my recent posts were considered slanderous or something that got you all who provide me a free soapbox trouble. Sorry. I'll make sure I don't name names or link my unsubstantiated opinions to media members going forward."

He wouldn't have received a public lashing, would still be here, and nobody but three of us would be in the know about it.

He chose the Denzel Washington at the end of Training Day "King Kong" bullshit route and got a cap in the ass. Hopefully the media members he slights are kinder than the Russians were to Denzel.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

carcassdragger wrote:Personally I think the guy is mostly full.of shit and almost entirely interested in self-aggrandizement.

Chief never had an issue calling out the media. In fact, that was all he could really do to keep up his "I'm the only one who will speak truth to power" bullshit persona after he was repeatedly asked to specifically illustrate exactly what the issues with the football program and RichRod were. He'd tell you he didn't want to burn bridges and that we can figure out what's wrong on our own, and then he'd fall back on telling you that the local journos won't say anything because they don't want to bite the hand that gets them clicks and subscriptions. As if it's some kind of shocking revelation that without access they have no content.

What always made me chuckle was that for as connected as Chief claimed to be, it seemed to do him no good personally. His business is supposedly training football players and yet it amounted to a twitter feed with 200 some-odd followers, a broken website, and from what I can tell hardly a D-1 athlete came through there. I always got the feeling that he was a fry cook or night janitor living out his dream of being a big time ex-jock one message board post at a time.

So you are correct that he is completely full of shit, and I think him going after local media confirms that. I asked him on multiple occasions to say out loud exactly what the issues he vaguely would hint at in the football program were and he'd fall back on this idea that because the team sucks he was somehow right all along. Right about what? That coward never said anything specific. He's like a guy who tells you he's got a system to win at blackjack and then starts crowing after winning a hand even though he's in the hole a couple hundred bucks.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

Man, some of you guys are harsh. :lol: Good morning! Welcome back Chi!
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

People can change but seldom do they
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

chiefzona wrote:Man, some of you guys are harsh. :lol: Good morning! Welcome back Chi!
Some people are assholes and losers.

How's it going Chief?
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

Chicat wrote:
chiefzona wrote:Man, some of you guys are harsh. :lol: Good morning! Welcome back Chi!
Some people are assholes and losers.

How's it going Chief?

Some people are neither. I'm good buddy!
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Since you're back, I take it you ate some crow? Tough bird to get down, ain't it...
TheBlackLodge

Post by TheBlackLodge »

azcat49 wrote:People can change but seldom do they
I think this will ultimately be the lesson learned once this saga ends. Chef is a board cancer, he was already cut out by Scheer/WA from their premium boards from outside pressure. This won't play out any different.
Formerly McLurvin
JMarkJohns

Post by JMarkJohns »

Shortest leash imaginable.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

Chicat wrote:Since you're back, I take it you ate some crow? Tough bird to get down, ain't it...

Not at all. I've never tried it. Heard it's gamey, though.
JMarkJohns

Post by JMarkJohns »

chiefzona wrote:
Chicat wrote:Since you're back, I take it you ate some crow? Tough bird to get down, ain't it...

So you've thrown it up already? I believe the words "I'll comply" taste exactly like crow.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

TheBlackLodge wrote:
azcat49 wrote:People can change but seldom do they
I think this will ultimately be the lesson learned once this saga ends. Chef is a board cancer, he was already cut out by Scheer/WA from their premium boards from outside pressure. This won't play out any different.

False. I've never been permanently banned from any board. I was temp banned on the board you mentioned for one week. I had the option to come back and did not take that option. I've been on many message boards in my time and have had some good and bad experiences. Message boards are what you make them. I enjoy the football talk....
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

JMarkJohns wrote:
chiefzona wrote:

So you've thrown it up already? I believe the words "I'll comply" taste exactly like crow.

What you asked is easy.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

chiefzona wrote:
JMarkJohns wrote:
chiefzona wrote:

What you asked is easy.
So then why don't you simply say "Sorry guys... I was informed what was expected of me to remain a member of this community and I will happily follow the board rules from here on out"

It could easily be ended there if you chose that route...
JMarkJohns

Post by JMarkJohns »

chiefzona wrote:
JMarkJohns wrote:
chiefzona wrote:

What you asked is easy.
Glad to hear you think that.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

Alieberman wrote:
chiefzona wrote:
JMarkJohns wrote:
chiefzona wrote:

What you asked is easy.
So then why don't you simply say "Sorry guys... I was informed what was expected of me to remain a member of this community and I will happily follow the board rules from here on out"

It could easily be ended there if you chose that route...
There's nothing to be sorry about. I understand what the board generals are trying to do and I comply.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

People can change but seldom do they. Such an asshole SMH
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

JMark - you are just creating more work for yourself down the road by reinstating this guy.

There's nothing I can't stand more than people so unwilling to take responsibility for their actions. There's a reason BeachCat was welcomed back here so easily.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

Alieberman wrote:JMark - you are just creating more work for yourself down the road by reinstating this guy.

There's nothing I can't stand more than people so unwilling to take responsibility for their actions. There's a reason BeachCat was welcomed back here so easily.

What did I do to you personally? Anything? I've always had those who have hated me because they don't like something I have said and that's fine. That's their right. I don't go calling posters names. This board is about football and I love football. Be nice if we could all just keep it football.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

I'll make this easy. Moving forward, if you have a beef with me about something that I have said, please just PM me and we can settle it there. We are all adults. If calling me names makes you feel better then have at it. I will answer any and all PMs. Thanks!

Love,

Chief
JMarkJohns

Post by JMarkJohns »

Alieberman wrote:JMark - you are just creating more work for yourself down the road by reinstating this guy.

Understood.

But he hadn't had the official process.

Next time I see what he says he'll no longer do, the ban poll goes up and the community he wants to remain a part of determines if they want him to remain at all.
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

chiefzona wrote:I'll make this easy. Moving forward, if you have a beef with me about something that I have said, please just PM me and we can settle it there. We are all adults. If calling me names makes you feel better then have at it. I will answer any and all PMs. Thanks!

Love,

Chief
I'll make it even easier: You can follow all directives of this community or you will not be allowed to be a part of it.

You've already created the beef here, chief. Not on us to call you out anymore. Police yourself or say goodbye to your forum. JMJ's already made that clear.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

catgrad97 wrote:
chiefzona wrote:I'll make this easy. Moving forward, if you have a beef with me about something that I have said, please just PM me and we can settle it there. We are all adults. If calling me names makes you feel better then have at it. I will answer any and all PMs. Thanks!

Love,

Chief
I'll make it even easier: You can follow all directives of this community or you will not be allowed to be a part of it.

You've already created the beef here, chief. Not on us to call you out anymore. Police yourself or say goodbye to your forum. JMJ's already made that clear.

I am following all of the directives. I'm talking about football talk. I got called on another issue and that is rectified. We all know the game. Thanks for parroting.
TheBlackLodge

Post by TheBlackLodge »

TheBlackLodge wrote:he was already cut out by Scheer/WA from their premium boards from outside pressure.
chiefzona wrote:False.
:roll: :lol:
I've never been permanently banned from any board.
Your trust equity with this board is at zero, why would anyone believe you?
I was temp banned on the board you mentioned for one week. I had the option to come back and did not take that option.
False. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Message boards are what you make them. I enjoy the football talk....
Then quit being a cryptic, know-it-all shitbag and stick to football talk
Formerly McLurvin
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

chiefzona wrote:
catgrad97 wrote:

Love,

Chief

I am following all of the directives. I'm talking about football talk. I got called on another issue and that is rectified. We all know the game. Thanks for parroting.
You have given no indication that anything has been rectified. You're arguing with pretty much everyone on this thread already. If the attitude doesn't change, I can guarantee you the end result for you won't either.

You think playing Trump's worthless hype-and-putdown game is still going to work for you here? Let me be even clearer, then, since JMJ can't: You do not set the terms of your existence in this forum.

So no, you're not going to get another PM if you break board rules. You'll be put up for a ban and that'll be the end of it. Nothing personal about this. You'll be a victim of nothing if it happens, Ace.

Just a reality of this community you have been directed, in no uncertain terms, to understand. You're way out of your depth if you think you can act otherwise.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

catgrad97 wrote:
chiefzona wrote:
catgrad97 wrote:

Love,

Chief

You have given no indication that anything has been rectified. You're arguing with pretty much everyone on this thread already. If the attitude doesn't change, I can guarantee you the end result for you won't either.

You think playing Trump's worthless hype-and-putdown game is still going to work for you here? Let me be even clearer, then, since JMJ can't: You do not set the terms of your existence in this forum.

So no, you're not going to get another PM if you break board rules. You'll be put up for a ban and that'll be the end of it. Nothing personal about this. You'll be a victim of nothing if it happens, Ace.

Just a reality of this community you have been directed, in no uncertain terms, to understand. You're way out of your depth if you think you can act otherwise.
Sounds good, boss. Me not being banned right now should give YOU the indication, partner. I know how it all works. Thanks again!
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

TheBlackLodge wrote:
TheBlackLodge wrote:he was already cut out by Scheer/WA from their premium boards from outside pressure.
chiefzona wrote:False.
:roll: :lol:
I've never been permanently banned from any board.
Your trust equity with this board is at zero, why would anyone believe you?
I was temp banned on the board you mentioned for one week. I had the option to come back and did not take that option.
False. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Message boards are what you make them. I enjoy the football talk....

Then quit being a cryptic, know-it-all shitbag and stick to football talk
Sent you a PM.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Looks like chief learned nothing and is still acting the same. Why wasn't he permanently banned again?
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
JMarkJohns

Post by JMarkJohns »

ASUHATER! wrote:Looks like chief learned nothing and is still acting the same. Why wasn't he permanently banned again?
Because I am not Ace and don't just ban people we dislike without due process.

Knowing what's known, if a member wants to start a ban poll, feel free, but a failed poll without inciting incident may backfire and make him even more insufferable.

My issue with him was professional. If he remains such, I have no issue.

If you all have personal issues, that is a community decision and needs the poll process.
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

chiefzona wrote:This board is about football
News to me. So is your username
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »