43 Lucas Havrisik

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

ANGCatFan

43 Lucas Havrisik

Post by ANGCatFan »

Havrisik was covered on day 66 before being given #43.

Havrisik is a 6-2, 173, Freshman kicker from Norco HS, Norco, CA. He was 11 of 16 on field goals with a long of 51 yards while going 48 of 50 on extra points last year. Havrisik also had 40 punts for a 39.8 yard average with 10 landing inside the 20. Here's his player review from Chris Sailer Kicking:
Lucas is a big time kicking prospect. He is a great athlete with one of the stronger legs in his class. Hits a pure ball off the ground on field goals and is extremely accurate. One of the best field kickers in the nation without a doubt. His kickoffs are strong and consistent. He drives the ball to the back of the end zone with great consistency. He is confident player that does very well under pressure. Lucas also shows great ability as a punter. He has the tools to dominate the D1 level. Outstanding college prospect. OFFER NOW!!! Big add for Arizona.

Major Accomplishments:
Member of the "TOP 12"
2016 College Showcase Camp Kickoff Champion
2016 TOP 12 & Event Elite Field Goal Champion

66.7 % was the success rate for Tyrell Johnson and Josh Kern last year to lead all receivers (with more than 2 catches). They both caught 5 passes while being targeted 6 times.
Last edited by ANGCatFan on Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Merkin

Re: 66 Days Lucas Havrisik

Post by Merkin »

ANGCatFan wrote:
66.7 % was the success rate for Tyrell Johnson and Josh Kern last year to lead all receivers (with more than 2 catches). They both caught 5 passes while being targeted 6 times.
I was told there would be no math but isn't that 83%?
ANGCatFan

Post by ANGCatFan »

Personally, I don't do math before noon.

The stat comes from the Advanced Statistics for Arizona compiled by Bill Connelly at SB Nation.

I couldn't quickly find his formula for success rate, but it is not just catch rate which he does have properly listed at 83.3%. Note that Trevor Wood had a 100% catch rate (why didn't we just always throw to him?), but his success rate was only 57.1%. When I have more time I'll see if I can find Connelly's formula for success rate, but that will probably be after noon since there is math involved.
Last edited by ANGCatFan on Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

That's a pretty cool site Ang. One stat I couldn't find but has been posted elsewhere is how often the QB did not see an open receiver, which happened quite a bit, esp. with Dawkins and Tate.

Another passing stat Ihaven't seen is how close the QBs were able to get the passes to the receiver, which for the most part was pretty poor too,
ANGCatFan

Post by ANGCatFan »

Here is how Connolly finds his success rate:
Success Rate
A common Football Outsiders tool used to measure efficiency by determining whether every play of a given game was successful or not. The terms of success in college football: 50 percent of necessary yardage on first down, 70 percent on second down, and 100 percent on third and fourth down.
So, success rate for a wide receiver is based on his ability to gain the required yardage for that down.
TuiTouchdown

Post by TuiTouchdown »

Just wanted to put this here. Looks like if we can just get to the 50, we can at least attempt to get 3 points. #TeamNoPunt

https://twitter.com/Lucash_03/status/88 ... highlights" target="_blank
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

TuiTouchdown wrote:Just wanted to put this here. Looks like if we can just get to the 50, we can at least attempt to get 3 points. #TeamNoPunt

https://twitter.com/Lucash_03/status/88 ... highlights" target="_blank

Very impressive leg, will be great for kickoffs, won't see any returns.

However, I see a lot of DI kickers who can hit 60 yard FGs that with no one in front of them. They just kick the ball with such a low trajectory that would give a Zendejas like concussion to their own players if someone was in front of them.
azgreg

Re: 43 Lucas Havrisik

Post by azgreg »