82 Donovan Walker

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

ANGCatFan

82 Donovan Walker

Post by ANGCatFan »

Walker is a 6-1, 179, redshirt Junior receiver from Chino Hills HS, UTEP, and Carson, CA. He was on the roster last summer, but vanished sometime last year. Here is my right up from last year. Walker should be available to play immediately.

As a high school Senior, Walker had 47 catches for 819 yards and 4 TDs. He was initially going to Cal, but switched to UTEP and was a walk-on. Walker was slated to redshirt his Freshman year, but played in the final 4 games of the season without any receptions. Walker was a stand-out in spring ball before the 2015 season and listed as a possible breakout player, but after getting 1 reception in the first 2 games ( which they lost 48-13 and 69-20) he abruptly quit the team.

There are lots of things I don't know, but most importantly why did Walker quit the team? Going thru the one free message board I found, the only guess I saw was a long rant on the sorry state of the UTEP nutrition program. I also don't know when Walker joined our team, but I suspect it was after spring practice because of his lack of photo. And finally, I don't know when Walker will be eligible to play mostly because I am too lazy to research the rules. I suspect he will have to redshirt, but don't know if there are exceptions to the rule and even if we would file for a waver.

Here are some of Walker's high school highlights: