Gauging Interest: BDW Football Ticket Giveaway

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Would you be interested in donating to get BDW a pair of tickets to give away?

yes
76%
no
24%

Total votes: 17

PieceOfMeat

Gauging Interest: BDW Football Ticket Giveaway

Post by PieceOfMeat »

Hey all, in another thread I mentioned that it would be pretty cool if BDW had a pair of season tickets and each game week we held a giveaway/raffle/contest/whatever to pick someone to receive the pair of tickets(to whom they'd be mailed, or otherwise delivered). What with the excitement of a new coach and the general good feeling around Football right now, I thought it would be neat.

In response to my thoughts someone responded that they might donate to make something like happen. So, in that vein, I’m making this thread to ascertain just how many people would feel similarly and therefore would it be possible to do this or not.

I’m not one to ask for money generally speaking, and nobody else here at BDW is asking for this, it’s just something I’m kicking around and would love for us to be able to do. If you were to feel like this is something you’d donate to, please mention here in the thread (or you can PM me or any of the staff is fine). If enough parties indicate an interest, we can move on with the details of how/who/what is donated to who/where and then when/how the tickets are purchased and the type of giveaway (random number generator, etc) that is held.

Ticket prices were just reduced http://www.arizonawildcats.com/document ... rices2.pdf" target="_blank so a pair of tickets in the more affordable sections might be doable. Or it might not be. Who knows until it is asked, right?
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

BBQ wildcat

Re: Gauging Interest: BDW Football Ticket Giveaway

Post by BBQ wildcat »

Absolutely! I think it is a great idea. I would certainly be willing to contribute.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Sadly, many of us are out of town, and probably out of state. But a great idea for those in So AZ.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

Merkin wrote:Sadly, many of us are out of town, and probably out of state. But a great idea for those in So AZ.
I will happily accept tickets from you and all other out of towners!
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Game analysis goes up every Monday. Best analysis as chosen by a committee of 3 gets the tickets. If they are out of town they get an equal value in a gift card. I will donate the tickets in year 1
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
UAdevil

Post by UAdevil »

azcat49 wrote:Game analysis goes up every Monday. Best analysis as chosen by a committee of 3 gets the tickets. If they are out of town they get an equal value in a gift card. I will donate the tickets in year 1
I like this idea. 8-)
Love the 've! Stop with the: Would of - Could of - Should of - Must of - Might of
OSUCat

Post by OSUCat »

Awesome idea.
Formerly Lynx Rufus.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

When I win, give my tix to someone in the military or an underprivileged family.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Need to adopt a poor local Tucson family
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

azcat49 wrote:Game analysis goes up every Monday. Best analysis as chosen by a committee of 3 gets the tickets. If they are out of town they get an equal value in a gift card. I will donate the tickets in year 1
Sounds like a pretty neat contest style giveaway to me.

Would we want a "no consecutivie winners" or "win only once per season" type clause to ensure the tickets get spread around?

Also, would you want to be one of the committe members 49? I'm sure we could come up with 3 members from the staff here without any problem if you wouldn't want to.
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

My son is out there so I'm all in!
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

I offered the weeks rap winner get the next weeks games.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

PieceOfMeat wrote:

Would we want a "no consecutivie winners" or "win only once per season" type clause to ensure the tickets get spread around?

Also, would you want to be one of the committe members 49? I'm sure we could come up with 3 members from the staff here without any problem if you wouldn't want to.

Help anyway I can. Staff is fine as well.
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

azcat49 wrote:
PieceOfMeat wrote:

Help anyway I can. Staff is fine as well.
Ok, just figured you might want to be on the committee since you've graciously agreed to donate the tickets. I also sent you a PM.

Everyone give this guy a huge thanks by the way :)

BBQ wildcat

Post by BBQ wildcat »

Bravo, azcat49! Bravo! Now THAT is stepping up big time.