59 My-King Johnson

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

ANGCatFan

59 My-King Johnson

Post by ANGCatFan »

Johnson is a 6-4, 227, redshirt Freshman defensive end from Tempe HS, Phoenix, AZ. He had 89 tackles as a HS Senior in 10 games including 19 for a loss, 21.5 sacks, 3 forced fumbles, and a blocked field goal. Here's Johnson's coach, Brian Walker, talking with AZ Central:
"My-King Johnson is a fine young man who is committed in the classroom and is driven to do well and be successful. Some college is going to get a great football player. Right now, he's working hard in the weight room and making sure that wherever he ends up, that school will get a quality football player."
I'm anxious to see how much weight Johnson has added since his bio still lists his weight when arrived at Arizona. I think our increased size in the middle is going to increase opportunities for edge rushers like Johnson. He should get a chance this year to prove he deserves a spot in the D-line rotation.

Here's an on field interview after his final high school game:

59 is the number of TDs Arizona allowed last year. Only Oregon State allowed more TDs in the conference. We have to get better on defense!
Last edited by ANGCatFan on Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Newportcat

Re: 59 My-King Johnson

Post by Newportcat »

Good interview with him and I 100% agree with Rich Rod in hoping he can rush the passer well!

2004 First Team All American Football Poster as voted on by GOAZCATS