26 Matt Aragon

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

ANGCatFan

26 Matt Aragon

Post by ANGCatFan »

Aragon is a 6-5, 213, redshirt Senior punter/receiver from Tucson. The bio says he only appeared in 1 game in 2016, but I also think he had a couple punts in 2017 when we couldn't find a punter. He is a local, walk-on 5th year Senior who has stuck it out and I would love to see him win the starting job. Aragon has some young competition, so using his experience to be the most consistent will be key for him seeing the field.

26 is the number of TD passes Khalil Tate threw last year. I'll take the over.
UAEebs86

Re: 26 Matt Aragon

Post by UAEebs86 »

Scheer says he's winning the punting competition. Rooting for him - he's a friend and ex-teammate of my son's from Cienega.

He always struggled with the rugby-style punts under RR.

https://247sports.com/college/arizona/L ... 34091638_3

We got a close look at the punting competition on Wednesday and Matt Aragon was the clear winner. Jeremy Springer can say that the punting competition is open and it's nice to want there to be a legitimate competition, but Aragon looks much better than the other options.

Kyle Ostendorp and Cameron Weinberg got some opportunities and Weinberg shanked a punt badly to the sideline, but followed up with a decent kick afterwards.

Arizona has a good amount of punters on the roster, but we just don't see a scenario where Aragon isn't the first one getting a punt in the season opener against Hawaii.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
UAEebs86

Re: 26 Matt Aragon

Post by UAEebs86 »

As I said he's a friend of the family but he's been horrible this year
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion