74 Paiton Fears

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

ANGCatFan

74 Paiton Fears

Post by ANGCatFan »

Fears is a 6-5, 328, redshirt Junior offensive lineman from Mascotte, FL. He was a key part of the offensive line rotation last year and had 3 starts at right tackle and 2 at left guard. Fears will be fighting for a starting position in what could be one of our strongest position groups.
azcat49

Re: 74 Paiton Fears

Post by azcat49 »

If the OLine can exceed expectations than I think we can get to 6 wins. If we underperform, bye bye Sumlin
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Obviously line play will be a huge determiner of this season's outcome, but I'm far more concerned about our DLine stopping the run and putting pressure on the QB. If we can't stop teams, it won't matter how well our OLine does.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Chicat wrote:Obviously line play will be a huge determiner of this season's outcome, but I'm far more concerned about our DLine stopping the run and putting pressure on the QB. If we can't stop teams, it won't matter how well our OLine does.

I have so given up on defense since Stoops that I just take it for granted we won’t stop the run or find ways to get to the QB. Of course you are right Chi but it just seems this team will have to continue to outscore teams. Maybe Rhodes will surprise us with the move to a 3-4
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion