37 Kevon Garcia

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

ANGCatFan

37 Kevon Garcia

Post by ANGCatFan »

Garcia is a 6-2, 240, linebacker from Dekaney HS, Houston, TX. Here's Brandon Combs' analysis from AZ Desert Swarm:
He has been productive while playing varsity and has shown the versatility to line up at multiple positions. He lined up as a defensive end on the edge during this junior season and was a good pass rusher, wracking up four sacks, another six tackles for loss, and 26 total tackles.

His senior season, he lined up as an inside linebacker, and was just as effective. He had seven and a half tackles for loss and a sack, but his tackles increased up to 75. What’s more, he proved he is more than a pass rusher.

In one play near the end of his season, he showed off his pass coverage skills. He dropped back into zone, and reading the QBs eyes, stepped in front of a throw for an interception. He then proceeded to outrun everyone for an 88-yard pick six.

He is another player I feel can make an impact early.
Don Brown is no Brandon Combs, but here is his analysis:

And finally, highlights so you can do your own analysis:
Last edited by ANGCatFan on Sun Aug 08, 2021 5:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chicat

Re: 98 Days Kevon Garcia

Post by Chicat »

Don describes him like poor man’s Myles Jack.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
azcat49

Re: 98 Days Kevon Garcia

Post by azcat49 »

Looks like a solid, athletic guy and thank goodness he has some real coaches to extract his talents
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion