70 Days Coach Jedd Fisch

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

ANGCatFan

70 Days Coach Jedd Fisch

Post by ANGCatFan »

Fisch enters his 2nd year as Arizona's head coach with 1 victory for every year he has been a head coach. He has already proven to be a great recruiter and salesman for the program, but he also lost to NAU and only won his 1 victory because the opponent was devastated by COVID.

On the plus side, Fisch put together last year what is the best rated recruiting class in program history. Every kid knew that Fisch only had 1 win last year and still chose Arizona and the vision Fisch has for the program. As important to me is the fact that this coaching staff believes in Fisch and has stuck with him. His assistant coaches are an impressive group of experienced men, including 2 of the top players ever to play at Arizona, who want to win and could easily jump ship if they did not believe in Fisch's ability to win more than 1 game a season at Arizona.

On the down side, did I mention he only won 1 game last year and lost to NAU? Fisch is not only the head coach, but also runs the offense and calls the plays. His resume may say he can run an offense, but Fisch did not show it last year. Arizona was last in the conference in scoring offense, TDs scored, and rushing TDs. That does not scream offensive guru.

Fisch has brought in a lot of offensive talent in the off season with a proven starting QB along with a very talented Freshman back-up and an amazing group of talented receivers and playmakers. No longer will a Stanley Berryhill have to be the entire offense. The offensive line is still a big question mark, but the rest of the offense is vastly improved on paper. If Fisch can not move this offense into the top half of the conference then he is not the offensive mind he has sold himself as. If the offense is not a strength of the team this year then he needs to hand over the offense to his offensive coordinator.

Here is one of Coach Fisch's interviews from the spring:

Arizona ran 870 offensive plays last year (4th in the conference), but was 11th in the conference in offensive average per play with 4.91 yards per play.
azgreg

Re: 70 Days Coach Jedd Fisch

Post by azgreg »

I know what everyone here thinks of Hansen but he's not wrong here.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

F yes. F the haters. Many more great things to come. I didn’t like the hire but I was very wrong
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
AZCatGirl

Post by AZCatGirl »

That feels like a tweet that should happen after the season, not game 1.
“The reality is that the hardest games to win are over teams on their home court. Teams that don’t play those games can spin it however they want, but what they’re saying is, ‘We don’t want to lose in our non conference season.’" - Sean Miller
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Still waiting for Chicat to come back and make his Jedd Lasso comment. :)