87 Jordan Morgan and Griffin Goudreau

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

ANGCatFan

87 Jordan Morgan and Griffin Goudreau

Post by ANGCatFan »

Morgan is a 6-1, 226, Freshman wide receiver from Southridge HS, Beaverton, OR. An original 2014 recruit, Morgan grey shirted and enrolled at Arizona in January. As a junior he had 35 catches for 973 yards and 7 TDs along with 2 additional TDs on kickoff returns. His senior year Morgan had 36 catches for 803 yards and 10 TDs.

He was asked to grey shirt because of our depth at wide receiver and his need to add strength before college. He has added 25-30 lbs since his senior year, so now he will have to show what he can do when camp starts. The Oregonian covered some of the reasons Morgan initially chose Arizona:
“I just felt like it fit me,” said Morgan, who chose the Wildcats over four other Division I offers. “If it fits me and I like it already that much, then I might as well just take it, you know?”

“He’s a really fiery competitor,” Dean said. “I think that is the best quality he has going for him.”

He believes he can utilize his speed and athleticism in the Wildcats’ spread attack. He appreciates that Rodriguez pursued him doggedly. And he’s confident Arizona is poised to challenge some of the Pac-12’s elite programs.

“I’d rather make history there than remake it somewhere else,” Morgan said.

Goudreau is a 6-4, 223, Junior tight end / long snapper from Bellermine College Prep. He is another player that was on the spring game roster, but has not been added to the official roster. A good, consistent long snapper is a valuable walk-on, so we will have to see if he makes the roster this summer.

Four score and seven days from now our players will bring forth on this community a new season, conceived in quickness, and dedicated to the proposition that all teams are not conditioned equally.
TuiTouchdown

Re: 87 Jordan Morgan and Griffin Goudreau

Post by TuiTouchdown »

Excited for Morgan. When he committed, I remember he had a great reputation for catching everything. And from the video above, looks like he has some speed.