85 Days Shun Brown

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

ANGCatFan

85 Days Shun Brown

Post by ANGCatFan »

85 is an open roster number so we will look at one of the new players not on the roster yet.

Brown is a 5-10, 165, Freshman wide receiver from Calvary Baptist Academy, Shreveport, LA. A special teams star in high school Brown had 1,338 career kick-off return yards with 7 kick-offs returned for TDs and 917 punt return yards with 3 punt returns for TDs. Here is a nice SB Nation article from signing day highlighting Brown's ability on both sides of the ball. You have to like a guy who was not only selected as the best DB in practice at the Semper-Fi All-American game, but also set a school record with 23 TDs as a senior. Likely redshirt because of our wide receiver depth and his size, but you never know he may make an immediate impact on special teams.
“I’m extremely excited about Shun. He’s a very versatile athlete, playing basketball in high school along with football. He can play both ways. I’m looking forward to what his physical and mental toughness will bring to our program and I’m looking forward to coaching him.” – UA Coach Tony Dews

1885 the University of Arizona was first chartered. My favorite couple lines from the Wikipedia history of the university:
With no parties willing to step forth and provide land for the new institution, the citizens of Tucson prepared to return the money to the Territorial Legislature until two gamblers and a saloon keeper decided to donate the land necessary to build the school. Because there were no high schools in Arizona Territory, the University maintained separate preparatory classes for the first 23 years of operation.
TuiTouchdown

Re: 85 Days Shun Brown

Post by TuiTouchdown »

Potential nicknames:

Offense - Touchdown Shun Brown
Defense - Shut 'em Down Shun Brown
azthrillhouse

Re: 85 Days Shun Brown

Post by azthrillhouse »

TuiTouchdown wrote:Potential nicknames:

Offense - Touchdown Shun Brown
Defense - Shut 'em Down Shun Brown
I hope he has many receptShuns and/or interceptShuns.