15 Matt Morin and Kwesi Mashack

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

ANGCatFan

15 Matt Morin and Kwesi Mashack

Post by ANGCatFan »

Morin is a 6-2, 239, Junior tight end from Riverside CC, Murrieta, CA. A QB in high school, Morin attended 3 different schools before Arizona. He started at San Diego State in Jan 2012 and then spent 2013 at Saddlebrook College. Last year he was at Riverside CC and helped the team reach the and helped lead his team to a Southern California Football Association National Central Championship. I couldn't find his stats from last year, but here are what the coaches thought.
“Matt is a gifted athlete. He runs very well and I believe that he will fit in well with the Wildcat offense. He is a smart football player.” – Riverside C.C. Coach Tom Craft

“Matt is a versatile athlete that we had in our camp last year. We really like his speed, his athleticism and versatility. I think he will fit in well in the H-back/tight end spot for us.” – UA Coach Charlie Ragle
15 is the number of rushing attempts by Jerrard Randall last year who ran for 104 yards and 1 TD. I bet a BDWC premium membership he beats or equals all those numbers in the 1st 3 games.

Morin could be a surprise at tight end if for no other reason than he has the most experience. He has at least played the position in live games at a community college. He probably is still 3rd on the depth chart, but he still can work his way into the playing rotation.

Mashack is a 5-8, 203, Sophomore cornerback from Inglewood, CA. His official bio says he played only in the California game last year and I could not find anything explaining why his redshirt was burned for 1 game.

Jason Bartel wrote a story on Mashack during spring ball for AZDS. Here is some of the key info:
"He's had a pretty good spring," Rich Rodriguez said of Mashack. "He's a physical guy. I think he loves football. He's learned a lot and his head's spinning sometimes but he looks like a guy that could help us. He's gotta get in shape...but by August he should be in shape and ready to go."

"I think I've come a long way," Mashack added. "I'm starting to really get the technique down. I feel like I've progressed pretty good."

Everyone has one major weakness, and with Mashack, he says that it's his footwork and spending more time in the film room.

Coming out of high school, Mashack was a consensus top-100 cornerback in the nation. Now he finds himself below guys like Jarvis McCall, Cam Denson, DaVonte' Neal, and maybe even Devin Holiday and Devon Brewer. But he knows that he has a lot of competition.

"Now we've got more corners and there's only two spots, so you really gotta compete out there and boost the intensity," said Mashack. "You just can't think about it. You just gotta play, do what you're told, do what you're taught and you see where you end up."
I haven't seen Mashack's name on anyone's 2 deep projections, so we will have to see if he gets to play in more than 1 game this year.

15 is the number of rushing attempts that Jerrard Randall had last year gaining 104 yards with 1 TD. I bet a BDWC premium membership that he equals or surpasses all those numbers in the first 3 games.
Fendicent4ever

Re: 15 Matt Morin and Kwesi Mashack

Post by Fendicent4ever »

I am almost 100% sure that Kwesi didn't play at all last season fwiw
ANGCatFan

Post by ANGCatFan »

I thought the bio was strange, but he does show up on the California participation report.
ANGCatFan

Post by ANGCatFan »

NO. 15

UA blows 20-point lead, shot at Rose Bowl with 1993 collapse at Cal

SCORE: California Golden Bears 24, No. 13 Arizona Wildcats 20

DATE: Nov. 13, 1993
Arizona 15 factoids along with "The Hammer".
The fewest yards gained in a game was only 15 against Loyola in 1935 (minus-4 yards rushing and 19 yards passing). Arizona lost 13-6.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

ANGCatFan wrote:
The fewest yards gained in a game was only 15 against Loyola in 1935 (minus-4 yards rushing and 19 yards passing). Arizona lost 13-6.
Was Tomey coaching that team?
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

azgreg wrote:
ANGCatFan wrote:

Looking at the schedule, UA beat ASU 26-0 that year! Also shut out Wittier and Drake.
http://www.databasefootball.com/college ... eason=1935
Last edited by Merkin on Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

azgreg wrote:
ANGCatFan wrote:
Probably set the record for 3rd down pooch punts.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
btfd16

Post by btfd16 »

Kwesi played on kickoff against Cal
ANGCatFan

Post by ANGCatFan »

ANGCatFan

Post by ANGCatFan »

Arizona football countdown: 15 days, ranking the top 15 Wildcats in 2015
Scooby Wright III