Traveling to Pasedena

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

UALoco

Traveling to Pasedena

Post by UALoco »

I'm going to the UCLA game. First time in the Rose Bowl. Where do visitors sit in that stadium? How far up should I get the tix? Where is a good place for Cat Fans to hang out prior to the game? Anyone plan on tailgating there and willing to host some strangers there? It will be me, my better half, and 3 kids(8,10,12).
dirtbags

Re: Traveling to Pasedena

Post by dirtbags »

cool. you can get tix through socalcats / the LA alumni chapter if you wanna sit with the local UA folks - probably around section 14 or thereabouts. there will be other options for tailgating, but if you wanna go to the "official" alumni tailgate, there's usually a pregame at the brookside golf club (right next to the rose bowl) that includes entry into the event and a couple of drink tickets, along with a buffet for like $20. they haven't posted details & time yet, but it is happening and should be up soon.

if you're staying in pasadena, there will be no shortage of spots in old town pas (oops, sorry - "old pasadena") to grab some food and drinks before kickoff, all family-friendly spots. from there, you can hop a shuttle to the rose bowl, which is way waaay easier than getting in and out of there by car. same thing if you're staying in DTLA or near a train station, it's a quick jaunt up the gold line to the heart of pasadena for just a couple of bucks.
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

You sit in the NW corner, though you can probably sit anywhere and not feel too harassed. The the visitors second extends from the field up to the top however and you would get those from the Arizona ticket office.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Last time I was at the Rose Bowl I moved down like 30 rows and no one cared. I also don't remember the game all that much as it was 49-3 at halftime or whatever and I was well lubricated.