RR to jump start texas recruiting.

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

chiefzona

Re: RR to jump start texas recruiting.

Post by chiefzona »

PHXCATS wrote:
Merkin wrote:$5M buyout isn't it? No idea where that money would come from.

Still, with all late games and half empty stands how long can he keep him around?
How is it RR's fault that there are late games? Besides the wins and losses that play a role.

And the fans complain no matter what. Arizona fans just want to complain and wait for a winner, just like basketball, without doing the work it takes.

Fans can see the negative recruiting and poor player development. Look at the roster and the product on the field. You can't sell ice to an Eskimo. The entire Arizona fan base is no longer fooled by RR. He is a lazy recruiter.....you cannot be a lazy recruiter at Arizona....you just can't.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

Merkin wrote:
PHXCATS wrote: How is it RR's fault that there are late games? Besides the wins and losses that play a role.
That's exactly why. The networks pick the games they want, and the last picked games get the worst times.

Networks don't want to show crappy teams in the best times esp. against crappy opponents. So scheduling matters too.

Not sure how UA v. Wazzu gets a 3pm time, but all the rest announced so far are 7:15pm and later. Don't expect that to change, except maybe for the ASU game.
Where did you see the 3pm time for WSU?

I really don't see the fans showing up with or without RR. Also remember that September games must be played late as well as weekday games. But early games are not much better than night games.

6-6 and win vs asu or 7-5 without a win vs asu or better and RR stays. Anything less and he needs to go.
2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
cordera89

Post by cordera89 »

PHXCATS wrote:
Merkin wrote:
PHXCATS wrote: How is it RR's fault that there are late games? Besides the wins and losses that play a role.
That's exactly why. The networks pick the games they want, and the last picked games get the worst times.

Networks don't want to show crappy teams in the best times esp. against crappy opponents. So scheduling matters too.

Not sure how UA v. Wazzu gets a 3pm time, but all the rest announced so far are 7:15pm and later. Don't expect that to change, except maybe for the ASU game.
Where did you see the 3pm time for WSU?

I really don't see the fans showing up with or without RR. Also remember that September games must be played late as well as weekday games. But early games are not much better than night games.

6-6 and win vs asu or 7-5 without a win vs asu or better and RR stays. Anything less and he needs to go.
If UA fan want UA football to be relevant, They have to show up and support the team regardless with or without RR. It sound like your giving them the xcuses on why not want to show up.

The possibility is that RR will either hit 5-7, 6-6 or 7-5 if lucky. If any those of three record he going to keep his job no matter what their all going to mark as improvement from a 3-9 deficit.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

PHXCATS wrote: Where did you see the 3pm time for WSU?
I just did a google search for: arizona wildcats football schedule

https://www.google.com/search?q=arizona ... e&ie=UTF-8" target="_blank

Sat, Oct 28
vs
Washington St
3:00 PM
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Times like that are often just placeholders at this point
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

Merkin wrote:
PHXCATS wrote: Where did you see the 3pm time for WSU?
I just did a google search for: arizona wildcats football schedule

https://www.google.com/search?q=arizona ... e&ie=UTF-8" target="_blank

Sat, Oct 28
vs
Washington St
3:00 PM
There is no TV network so there is no way to know for certain that is the real time.

Until it is on the arizonawildcats.com page or announced by UA Football twitter or a tv network it isnt official.

Fans not showing up to support the team will only hurt the chances of getting the best possible coach after RR is gone. I don't know what DH needs to do, but there has to be a way to make the 6 or 7 Saturday's at Arizona Stadium the place to be. Some stupid DJ to play before the game or at half time, some other gimmick or partnership with bars downtown no idea but make it the place to be and to be seen like basketball and the winning will evolve from that.
2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion