67 Gerhard De Beer

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

ANGCatFan

67 Gerhard De Beer

Post by ANGCatFan »

De Beer is a 6-7, 314, Redshirt Senior Offensive lineman from Pretoria, South Africa. He has started 13 games over the last 2 years after arriving in Tucson with zero football experience on a discus scholarship. De Beer started the first 9 games last year, but missed the final 3 games (along with spring ball and discus season) due to injuries to his left quadricep and knee. He expects to be back to full strength by camp and if healthy will be the starter at left tackle.

67 yards was Josh Pollack's longest punt of last year kicked against USC.
btfd16

Re: 67 Gerhard De Beer

Post by btfd16 »

Gerhard de Beer, Arizona's 315-pound, discus-throwing wanna-be punter

http://www.espn.com/college-football/st ... nna-punter" target="_blank

I remember when this kid walked into Lowell Stevens on the first day and everyone was like "who the hell is that?"
G is an awesome kid, always smiling. Absolutely love the quote at the very end of the story. For some reason I can't copy right now.
wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

There’s a “de Beer” pizza at BD Kitchen in Lowell Stevens. It’s bacon, avocado and banana. He claims it’s the most popular type of pizza in SA.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

wyo-cat wrote:There’s a “de Beer” pizza at BD Kitchen in Lowell Stevens. It’s bacon, avocado and banana. He claims it’s the most popular type of pizza in SA.
Sounds right. I know the most popular pizza topping in Brazil is bananas/plantains
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.