Defensive Depth Chart

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

azcat49

Re: Defensive Depth Chart

Post by azcat49 »

You might be right but Larry Smith moved James Debow from RB to corner and he was great. Tomey moved Brush to defensive end and that worked all right. I think if Yates wants to try DC at safety he probably knows a bit more than you. Quit hating on every move these coaches make chief. If they lose they are gone. Pretty simple
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

azcat49 wrote:You might be right but Larry Smith moved James Debow from RB to corner and he was great. Tomey moved Brush to defensive end and that worked all right. I think if Yates wants to try DC at safety he probably knows a bit more than you. Quit hating on every move these coaches make chief. If they lose they are gone. Pretty simple

Timing is everything. You don't move your starting CB to Bandit a couple of weeks before the season starts. Even if your back up CBs are progressing. It's a fool's errand and a move you don't make if you are sitting on a hot seat unless it's complete desperation. If it were done during spring I would have a completely different outlook on it.
ANGCatFan

Post by ANGCatFan »

chiefzona wrote:Not that I'm aware of. Cooper and DFF are not looking as strong and these young guys are pushing them. Moving Dane is a desperation move this late in the game. Sure, Burns is doing well and so is Wallace but come on. If Dane is better at Bandit right now than Cooper or anyone else without ever taking a snap in a real game there????? Think about that. Some kids are not progressing.
Chief, I would really like to know how much practice have you seen this year?

Dane and Cooper are both working at the Spur position, just so no one else gets confused.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

You never know what might work. Desperate times means you take chances. Yates must see something so IF it happens I will grab my popcorn and sit back and watch. Going to be a great year either way
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

ANGCatFan wrote:
chiefzona wrote:Not that I'm aware of. Cooper and DFF are not looking as strong and these young guys are pushing them. Moving Dane is a desperation move this late in the game. Sure, Burns is doing well and so is Wallace but come on. If Dane is better at Bandit right now than Cooper or anyone else without ever taking a snap in a real game there????? Think about that. Some kids are not progressing.
Chief, I would really like to know how much practice have you seen this year?

Dane and Cooper are both working at the Spur position, just so no one else gets confused.

I have plenty of eyes. Dane and Cooper have played in both Bandit and Spur. Yates is trying to get all of the safeties working in all three safety positions. Spur and Bandit are both played the same just different sides of the field. Spur is strong and Bandit is weak. Yates has changed a little from the Casteel days.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

azcat49 wrote:You never know what might work. Desperate times means you take chances. Yates must see something so IF it happens I will grab my popcorn and sit back and watch. Going to be a great year either way

True.
ANGCatFan

Post by ANGCatFan »

So I take that to mean you have not personally seen any practices and have 2 eyes like the rest of us. Help me out and if you are reporting second or third hand information let us know and don't frame if as your own observation. Black Oaks at AFO has some actual, first hand practice observations and is a good source of personal info.
tgrumpy2

Post by tgrumpy2 »

chiefzona wrote:
azcat49 wrote:You might be right but Larry Smith moved James Debow from RB to corner and he was great. Tomey moved Brush to defensive end and that worked all right. I think if Yates wants to try DC at safety he probably knows a bit more than you. Quit hating on every move these coaches make chief. If they lose they are gone. Pretty simple

Timing is everything. You don't move your starting CB to Bandit a couple of weeks before the season starts. Even if your back up CBs are progressing. It's a fool's errand and a move you don't make if you are sitting on a hot seat unless it's complete desperation. If it were done during spring I would have a completely different outlook on it.
Well Chief it seems that in your opinion, everything RR does at this point is a fool's errand. It's based on no more than your opinion and that and a buck fifty will buy you a glass of beer. You might be right and if you are, I'll tell you and give you your cudos. If you're wrong, I am going to hound you in here like a mad man. LOL
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

We have had such an upgrade in coaching that these guys might be for real. McGee coaches TE's and in the NFL he was a....surprise, TE.

Knorr coaches the defensive ends and special teams where he replace, cough, cough, Charlie HS coach Ragle. Yates is back with the corners. Just a lot of positives with these changes
Last edited by azcat49 on Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

ANGCatFan wrote:So I take that to mean you have not personally seen any practices and have 2 eyes like the rest of us. Help me out and if you are reporting second or third hand information let us know and don't frame if as your own observation. Black Oaks at AFO has some actual, first hand practice observations and is a good source of personal info.

He says nothing that anyone doesn't already know. There are no surprises. There are few ppl with access and those who have it don't talk about it. If it got back to RR that info was being passed, access would no longer be given. What he has said is valid as far as the two posts I just read.
Last edited by chiefzona on Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

tgrumpy2 wrote:
chiefzona wrote:

Well Chief it seems that in your opinion, everything RR does at this point is a fool's errand. It's based on no more than your opinion and that and a buck fifty will buy you a glass of beer. You might be right and if you are, I'll tell you and give you your cudos. If you're wrong, I am going to hound you in here like a mad man. LOL

Indeed grumpster.
ANGCatFan

Post by ANGCatFan »

Black Oaks is reporting what he is seeing by actually attending practice. I value that a lot more than conjecture and gossip.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

Last thing on this practice stuff. I know of excatdb and his yearly postings on practice. Him and I used to go back and forth on the other board and I respect his thoughts and opinions however, I only trust me. I was surprised Black Oak revealed excatdb. Another no no on a message board. Here's the bottom line.....no matter who is slipping out info like me on Twitter revealing Dane is practicing at safety or any of these guys....when the lights come on...all the bullshit stops and the truth is out there for all to see. It's a lot easier to comment on what's actually going on the field. That's the important stuff and it's almost time for that. Enjoy.
ANGCatFan

Post by ANGCatFan »

chiefzona wrote:no matter who is slipping out info like me on Twitter revealing Dane is practicing at safety or any of these guys
As painful as it was for me, I had to browse through your twitter timeline to see when you first "slipped out info" on Cruikshank working at safety and it was with this tweet:
which is a retweet of this post,
Lev got the info at a post practice presser where Coach let it slip casually as an answer to a question. So you retweeted, a retweeted tweet, of a public announcement and then imply you slipped out the info to the public. Good one.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

ANGCatFan wrote:
chiefzona wrote:no matter who is slipping out info like me on Twitter revealing Dane is practicing at safety or any of these guys
As painful as it was for me, I had to browse through your twitter timeline to see when you first "slipped out info" on Cruikshank working at safety and it was with this tweet:
which is a retweet of this post,
Lev got the info at a post practice presser where Coach let it slip casually as an answer to a question. So you retweeted, a retweeted tweet, of a public announcement and then imply you slipped out the info to the public. Good one.

Wrong angcat....you have to go back further. Ask Mike Luke. My retweet was showing him that I was right as I tweeted it out a week prior. Mike Dmed me and asked if that was correct....hence this retweet.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

I tweeted it on Aug 10
ANGCatFan

Post by ANGCatFan »

I'm assuming this is the tweet you are referring to. If you were trying to say he was actually getting a look at playing playing the spur full time and you broke that news then you missed a little.
These are the type of tweets that interest me. Have you seen Wallace and Nunley first hand in practice over the past 2 weeks? What have you personally seen in practice on how the TE will be used?
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

ANGCatFan wrote:I'm assuming this is the tweet you are referring to. If you were trying to say he was actually getting a look at playing playing the spur full time and you broke that news then you missed a little.
These are the type of tweets that interest me. Have you seen Wallace and Nunley first hand in practice over the past 2 weeks? What have you personally seen in practice on how the TE will be used?

The news was never full time. So I said what I knew which was correct. I will not comment on your second question. I put my stuff out on Twitter so everyone sees it. Not an obscure message board where 50 ppl see it.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

Ang......I appreciate what you bring to the board. Thanks. Everyone on here participates in discussion and I appreciate it all. It's been a fun offseason....time to gear up for the real stuff.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Chief so wants to be a beat reporter it's comical. You want to tell it like it is LOL. Scoop everyone. Funny where some build their self esteem from
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

azcat49 wrote:Chief so wants to be a beat reporter it's comical. You want to tell it like it is LOL. Scoop everyone. Funny where some build their self esteem from

It's even funnier when the media contacts me for information. LOL I've been asked to write for publications and websites and have respectly declined each one of them. Therefore, your theory is invalid. I don't profit off of the program. End of story.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Program cancer. Thank goodness you don't write anything. And pardon me that I call BS. Give me a name I can call to check that story out.

You have displayed your desire to be included many times and most have shut you down. Anyone can blog, heck you can do it on the star pages.

Just trying to disprove ANG shows everything above is dead on balls accurate. Pitiful man, just pitiful
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

chiefzona wrote:
azcat49 wrote:Chief so wants to be a beat reporter it's comical. You want to tell it like it is LOL. Scoop everyone. Funny where some build their self esteem from

It's even funnier when the media contacts me for information. LOL I've been asked to write for publications and websites and have respectly declined each one of them. Therefore, your theory is invalid. I don't profit off of the program. End of story.
Bullshit.
2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

azcat49 wrote:Program cancer. Thank goodness you don't write anything. And pardon me that I call BS. Give me a name I can call to check that story out.

You have displayed your desire to be included many times and most have shut you down. Anyone can blog, heck you can do it on the star pages.

Just trying to disprove ANG shows everything above is dead on balls accurate. Pitiful man, just pitiful

We all know RR is the program cancer. You can call whatever you want. No one has ever shut me down. I don't blog. I'm not trying to disprove anybody. This is a message board. We all have different thought, opinions, and observations and I value each one. You can always mute me or get me banned. Maybe you should start that crusade again. Peace 49 and enjoy the season.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

You are who you are chief so no need to ban. Besides, wannabe's are fun to watch.

Agreed this will be a good season one way or the other.