azgreg

Re: UCLA @ Arizona discussion thread

Post by azgreg »

chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

wyo-cat wrote:
Sid wrote:
azcat49 wrote:Hey wait, POM's a died in the wool cat fan. No question who he roots for. Lets save this for idiots like chief who really want AZ to lose so his point can be proven
Where is the Chef by the way?

I'm hungry!
Chef won't be back, sucks to be him.

Who's the Chef? Smells good! What's he cooking?
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

MrBug708 wrote:
scumdevils86 wrote:Best game I've seen since 2015. I'm happy I went. I get to be positive about az football for a week and for that, I'm glad.
Oregon game?
Huh
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

azcat49 wrote:Hey wait, POM's a died in the wool cat fan. No question who he roots for. Lets save this for idiots like chief who really want AZ to lose so his point can be proven

There goes the name calling again. :lol: You got nothing. Arizona won because I was on the pregame show. :lol:
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

scumdevils86 wrote:
MrBug708 wrote:
scumdevils86 wrote:Best game I've seen since 2015. I'm happy I went. I get to be positive about az football for a week and for that, I'm glad.
Oregon game?
Huh
I know you guys were usually good at beating a highly ranked Oregon team, was trying to guess that 2015 game.
wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

PieceOfMeat wrote:
wyo-cat wrote:
PieceOfMeat wrote:
MrBug708 wrote:National Stats for UCLA
10th in PPG
6th in YPG
8th in YPP
14th in 3rd Down %
1st in Passing yards per game
2nd in passes per game
25th in times sacked per game
Some sobering stats there in regards to the passing game. I really don't see how we're going to stop the passing game from UCLA. I also don't think Tate has another performance like the one he just had in colorado (there's a reason record breaking performances don't happen very often). I think we're close at the half, but in the 2nd half UCLA pulls away a bit before a late UA score makes the scoreboard look closer than the game was.

score prediction:
48-38 ucla wins.
WOW! Those are great stats! HOW can they be 3-2 with such amazing stats????

They give up 6.3 yds per rush attempt and 284 ypg rushing for a total average of 505 ypg given up on defense.

That may be why they are 3-2 like us. I'm liking our chances.
Oh my, internet sarcasm, there's a new tactic.

I don't think our RB's average 6+ yards per carry this game. I don't think we utilize our RBs well enough to get that type of production from them.

As for their record, which you seem to be focused on, you do realize they've faced a tougher schedule than we have, don't you? If they can put up the numbers they've put up against the good teams on their schedule, we're certainly not likely to be the team that suddenly stops them in their tracks given our less than stout defense.

Is winning imposible? of course it isn't. But I put my prediction out there as I think it's likely to happen. Do I want it to happen? Nope. but want doesn't factor into a prediction.

How about you put out a prediction, instead of some vague "I'm liking our chances" line? Put it actually down in text, with a score.
Look, we are all Cat fans here, I'm sure that we are both good fans, let's let it go. My bad for "going there."
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

MrBug708 wrote:
scumdevils86 wrote:
MrBug708 wrote:
Oregon game?
Huh
I know you guys were usually good at beating a highly ranked Oregon team, was trying to guess that 2015 game.
That is the best game in the RR era.
Sid

Post by Sid »

chiefzona wrote:

There goes the name calling again. :lol: You got nothing. Arizona won because I was on the pregame show. :lol:
Whatever it is, it smells like shit!
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

MrBug708 wrote:
scumdevils86 wrote:
MrBug708 wrote:
Oregon game?
Huh
UALoco

Post by UALoco »

UALoco wrote:I think the Bruin receivers will get past the CB's a few times but the CB's seem to be pretty good in the short and mid-range. Especially that Whittaker who had some really good plays to stop a few completions. I am hoping we can put more folks in coverage if UCLA's run game is so bad. The key is if we can pressure Rosen, with Miller and Schooler, that hopefully will be possible.

In regards to alcohol in the stadium, if you can't figure out how to make that happen, that is on you. :lol:
Jace Whittaker y'all. Ha ha. Fire RR!!!
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

wyo-cat wrote: You are really going, there???? I picked that Cats to win, you didn't, so who's score was closer???
Well, my combined score prediction was 86 points for both teams. Yours was 108. The actual combined score was....77. I think i'm closer to that total score :lol:
wyo-cat wrote: Look, we are all Cat fans here, I'm sure that we are both good fans, let's let it go. My bad for "going there."
Indeed.
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

azgreg wrote:
I don't know how long Tate can keep this up, but for however long it is, it's going to be real fun to watch him do it.
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Article in the LA times about the game with quotes from people saying "UCLA doesn't lose to Arizona football, it doesn't happen" and similar. I mean yes they had won 5 in a row but in the 25 or so years before that the series was tied... UCLA has lost to Arizona a lot.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
tgrumpy2

Post by tgrumpy2 »

PieceOfMeat wrote:
tgrumpy2 wrote:
Do you need a towel to wipe the egg off your face or will you just use your sleeve?
Exactly what egg do you think is on my face?

I had the balls to make a prediction on the score/outcome of the game. I noticed you didn't. Yet you think you can rub an incorrect prediction in someone's face? Did I make any grand proclamation that I knew for sure what would happen? Oh, I didn't, did I.

I'm as happy as anyone that UofA won tonight, but I have no shame/egg/anything regarding having made an incorrect prediction.

So, since you didn't have the balls to make a prediction your self, I guess I should ask you a question:
Do you need to get your balls back from your wife's purse, or will you just let her keep them?

If you were simply making predictions I wouldn't say a word to you. A lot of people here made the wrong predictions on this game and I didn't say a word about it. But you don't stop at predictions, do you? You keep running your mouth about how bad this defense is and how bad everything RichRod is and that's what I'm rubbing your nose in. Yea I have no problem doing it. I'll keep doing it. Now when we do lose again and I'm sure we will, you just feel free to lambast me any way you like. I'll take it in stride and hand back to you again when its time. Now excuse me while I pull my balls out of your mouth.
ANGCatFan

Post by ANGCatFan »

Nick Wilson in the postgame radio interview said that ucla players had disrespected Arizona players before the game. Has anyone heard or read about what he might be referring to?
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

ANGCatFan wrote:Nick Wilson in the postgame radio interview said that ucla players had disrespected Arizona players before the game. Has anyone heard or read about what he might be referring to?

They were yelling from the locker room: F**K ARIZONA!
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

ANGCatFan wrote:Nick Wilson in the postgame radio interview said that ucla players had disrespected Arizona players before the game. Has anyone heard or read about what he might be referring to?
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

They were reading Chief's tweets about RichRod in loud voices.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

azgreg wrote:

Supposedly there receiver, Jordan Lasly posted some stuff on social media that was disrespectful. Maybe someone can find it or knows what he said
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

azcat49 wrote: Supposedly there receiver, Jordan Lasly posted some stuff on social media that was disrespectful. Maybe someone can find it or knows what he said
Karma is a bitch after all the passes Lasely dropped.
EVCat

Post by EVCat »

They seem to be a lot like their coach...douchey.

Their lack of discipline is legendary under Mora...why would it be surprising that they were more focused on the shit talk than the game? Lots of 4 star losers on that team. I know there are those with issues with RichRod...but I would have to think even they can agree with me that Mora is just the worst. Does less with more, seems to try to run a college team like they are professionals, then wonders why they underachieve. I cannot imagine UCLA fans can stand him much longer.
EVCat

Post by EVCat »

Look at Rosen's nonchalant answers after the game Saturday...just no sign he gets it at all, or will do the work necessary (4 TDs/7 INTs last 3 games).

Q - On whether Arizona did something defensively that made it difficult for him

A - I just didn't play well, at all.

Q - Was there a reason for that?

A - Na.

Q - Did any of the shots you were taking affect you?

A - It's football.

Q - On how you can do a better job of translating practice – turnover control, specifically – to the game

A - If I had an answer, it would have happened. So we'll work on it.
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

At least he is learning to give the usual NFL lockerroom non-answers that people got on him for speaking his mind too much. Basically give enough of an answer to answer it while not saying much of anything. It's nice to see him not get too philosophical in interviews where it becomes about anything but football.
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

Re: Lasley, he was teammates with Tate in high school. Haven't seen anything about it from a ucla site but Lasley is a known trash talker, very Shaq Richardsonesque so it woulsnt be a stretch to think he did something. Wadood is the other one known as a big mouth
Sid

Post by Sid »

MrBug708 wrote:Re: Lasley, he was teammates with Tate in high school. Haven't seen anything about it from a ucla site but Lasley is a known trash talker, very Shaq Richardsonesque so it woulsnt be a stretch to think he did something. Wadood is the other one known as a big mouth
I don't have a problem with it, no love lost between these 2 schools. I would just plan on KTate pretty much doubling last nights production when we battle again. Maybe even a little bit more.... :D
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

tgrumpy2 wrote: If you were simply making predictions I wouldn't say a word to you. A lot of people here made the wrong predictions on this game and I didn't say a word about it. But you don't stop at predictions, do you? You keep running your mouth about how bad this defense is and how bad everything RichRod is and that's what I'm rubbing your nose in. Yea I have no problem doing it. I'll keep doing it. Now when we do lose again and I'm sure we will, you just feel free to lambast me any way you like. I'll take it in stride and hand back to you again when its time. Now excuse me while I pull my balls out of your mouth.
Why would you fantasize about putting your balls into another man's mouth? Sorry bud, I'm flattered and all, I just don't swing that way.

Also, you're a moron if you think i was "running" my mouth. I made a prediction and said what, all of 4 lines regarding it? I then epxanded further when another person responded to that original prediction. Just how dumb are you if you think a 4 line prediction is "running your mouth"? Of course I'm not just going to post a score and nothing further because that would be, oh I don't know, boring perhaps.

Also, I still notice how you didn't have any balls to make your own prediction. Must be cause your wife had them in her purse, while she was taking another man's balls into her mouth since you know, yours are safely stowed away.

Only a complete chicken shit, such as yourself, hasn't the guts to make a prediction and then struts around and acts high and mighty when the people who did have the guts to make a prediction turned out wrong. So congrats on that, you're king chicken shit of the ucla football predictions. You're like the backup punter who never contributes to the game but is the one talkin shit afterwards to anyone and everyone on the opposing team.