19 Shawn Poindexter

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

ANGCatFan

19 Shawn Poindexter

Post by ANGCatFan »

Poindexter is a 6-5, 218, redshirt Senior receiver. Last year, his second with the Wildcats, he had 19 catches for 294 yards and 1 TD. Poindexter is a popular pick to make a big jump this year and become a big outside threat. Is it wishful thinking for a guy who was the 5th leading receiver last year? Maybe, but remember he is a converted volleyball player, relatively new to football and had his best game of the year last year in the final game. Against Purdue, Poindexter had 5 catches for 71 yards and his 1 TD of the year.

If Poindexter lives up to expectations (he was one of this year's poster boys) we could have an outside threat to compliment Shun Brown out of the slot. Tate's running ability will draw a lot of attention and a reliable target who can win the jump ball could really open up the offense.

19 is the number of passing TDs Arizona had last year 14 by Tate and 5 from Dawkins with Shun Brown catching 6 and Tony Ellison catching 5.
Last edited by ANGCatFan on Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Carcassdragger

Re: 19 Shawn Poindexter

Post by Carcassdragger »

This guy is underrated and being overlooked too much. He's got great hands and height. If he stays healthy, he's going to have a great season.
2020 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2018 BEARDOWN WILDCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
2017 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2013 GOAZCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
TheGreatCatsby

Post by TheGreatCatsby »

He looked really good in the spring training game. So far he's been very inconsistent, but he was our best receiver in our last game, the bowl game. He could have a dominant senior year if his head is on straight, learns his routes well and runs them hard. With his height, only needs to put together a single really good season to maybe get an invite into the NFL combine. Tate definitely looks for him a lot too. He could be the biggest X factor of all our players, besides Tate.
tgrumpy2

Post by tgrumpy2 »

I've been intrigued with him since RR recruited him. I know he was a last minute pick up. I found some film on him and what stood out was how well he moved for his size and his hands. I really want this kid to do well.
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

I was at Barrio with some friends a couple weeks ago and Shawn walked in and sat next to us. He was with another 6'5" guy that played last year I believe. Did he have a brother on the team? Then Terrence Miller came in 5 minutes later. Shawn chatted a bunch with us and was a really nice guy. P12 Football Report came on and he laid out the conference standings for us. Said Wash is ranked way too high.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
azgreg

Post by azgreg »