71 Days S and C Coach Brian Johnson

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

ANGCatFan

71 Days S and C Coach Brian Johnson

Post by ANGCatFan »

Johnson begins his second year as Arizona's strength and conditioning coach for football. A former offensive lineman at LSU, Johnson was 2nd team All-SEC as a Senior in 2006. He spent 3 seasons playing in the NFL for Arizona, Tampa Bay, and Baltimore. Johnson was Coach Sumlin's strength and conditioning last year with A&M and before that he was an assistant strength and conditioning coach with the San Francisco 49ers.

He doesn't have an official UofA bio page, but here is his job description on Linkedin:
My goal is to develop football players that are both mechanically and functionally sound by implementing a comprehensive program that reduces injuries and increases maximum power, strength, agility and speed. Using performance data, I will be able to support and reinforce a sustainable platform of performance training and strength and conditioning that is based on playing experience and incorporates traditional strength and power programming, effective rehabilitative planning and integrate preventative movement practice and real-time functional movement screening protocols.
azgreg

Re: 71 Days S and C Coach Brian Johnson

Post by azgreg »

This was a position I believe was a weakness under RR. We've got to get bigger and stronger especially along the line.