70 Days Offensive Analyst John Marinelli

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

ANGCatFan

70 Days Offensive Analyst John Marinelli

Post by ANGCatFan »

Marinelli was hired this week as an offensive analyst. He spent the last 4 years as the head coach of Greenwich HS, CT, where he went 35-10 overall and 25-1 over the past 2 years with a state championship. He also sent 42 players on to college football during the past 4 years.

Here are some key quotes Marinelli gave to his local paper the NewCaananAdvertiser:
“As difficult as it is to leave, when it came down to it, I believe this is the right situation for me and the right time,” Marinelli told Hearst Connecticut Media Group of Thursday. “I’m very sad to leave Greenwich. Coaching this program and being a part of this great community has been a major part of my life.”

“I go from being the head man here to being the low man there, so I have to work my way back up,” Marinelli said. “I am looking forward to learning with great college football minds and seeing how they run a program.”

“I’ve turned down numerous coaching jobs during my tenure, but I went on an interview for this job and was totally blown away,” he said. “Like Greenwich, it is an environment that lends itself to being successful.”

Marinelli is getting married on July 20 and will soon head out to Arizona.

“I love the sport and I love high school football, I always will,” Marinelli said. “I wanted to do it full-time and for me, this is about challenging myself. I think this is best for my fiancé and I – though it is a scary time. It is an unknown for us, we are taking on new challenges, but it’s exciting to start something new.”

“The relationship he had with his players was truly special,” Lindine (an assistant coach) said. “They appreciated and responded to his passion.”

“While I am excited about the future, it was sad to see the faces of the kids today, it broke my heart,” Marinelli said. “They were shocked by it. It was a decision I went back-and-forth with.”

Gavin Muir, who started at quarterback the past two seasons, will continue his career at Dartmouth College.

“Coach Marinelli had a great impact on me,” Muir said. “Coming in as a freshman, he talked to me like I was part of the varsity team, which stuck with me. He taught me everything how to play quarterback and he spent a great amount of time with me in helping me prepare to be the best quarterback I could be. I don’t think I would be going on to play college football if it wasn’t for him.

I’m sad that he’s leaving, but I’m happy for him and his family. This is a great opportunity for him and his coaching career and it’s one that he deserves.”
azcat49

Re: 70 Days Offensive Analyst John Marinelli

Post by azcat49 »

Sumlin has made some impressive hires recently in this guy and the OL coach. Guys that are rising stars.
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion