Buy AZ Football Season Tickets
26%
Buy AZ Women's Basketball Season Tickets
74%

Total votes: 27

PieceOfMeat

Ticket Poll, Football vs Basketball

Post by PieceOfMeat »

Just a simple poll as I'd like to get a clearer picture of fan apathy vs excitement between 2 AZ programs that haven't traditionally been great for us (though one program did end last season on an upswing and had a significant turn around from the previous year).

Football vs Women's Basketball

If you want to post an opinion in this thread feel free, but if you'd just vote in the poll that's great too :)

Also, as a warning, this isn't a thread for bashing fans and their ticket choices. I'm going to be removing any nonsense that consists of fan bashing.
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

azcat49

Re: Ticket Poll, Football vs Basketball

Post by azcat49 »

Never bought a ticket for women’s basketball until I went to the semifinal game and enjoyed it much more than I thought I would. Loved Barnes and her passion and her deep caring for her alma matter.

I dropped my football tickets after the ASSU collapse. Not what I saw on the field but what I saw in the press conference. Give me passion and caring and I don’t care if we are talking hop scotch, I am in.
Last edited by azcat49 on Mon Aug 26, 2019 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

I don't mind spending my money as long as I feel I am getting some value to it.

The last couple football games I went to I feel like I did not get my money's worth.

The last Woman's basketball game I went to I felt like I underpaid.

The next game I go to will be a Woman's basketball game.

It's not that hard a decision.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Program on the way up, or a program on the way down. Easy call.

Passionate coach v. disinterested coach. Easy call.

Even if I lived in Tucson I wouldn't buy season tickets to football once they started going to 8 PM kickoff games. Old folks (like me) and college kids all bailing at half time.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Merkin wrote:Program on the way up, or a program on the way down. Easy call.

Even if I lived in Tucson I wouldn't buy season tickets to football once they started going to 8 PM kickoff games. Old folks (like me) and college kids all bailing at half time.
I've had some beef with some of Miller's coaching habits, but I never thought at any point of his tenure he was a complete fucking moron that had no idea what he was doing on the bench. Sumlin and his staff on the other hand is some of the worst coaching I've seen in any sport ever. I have zero confidence in any of their decisions.
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

ChooChooCat wrote:
Merkin wrote:Program on the way up, or a program on the way down. Easy call.

I've had some beef with some of Miller's coaching habits, but I never thought at any point of his tenure he was a complete fucking moron that had no idea what he was doing on the bench. Sumlin and his staff on the other hand is some of the worst coaching I've seen in any sport ever. I have zero confidence in any of their decisions.
+ 1,000,000,000,000
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

I can't really make weeknight games, so football for me. Zero to do with performance or how much I like it, though.

Honestly, I'd probably use half of both tickets, even if I was free for football. I have very little interest in showing up for a half full Arizona Stadium to see if we can beat NAU.
AZCatGirl

Post by AZCatGirl »

Adia has proven Women's Basketball is worth caring about when we were so bad I thought we should just drop the program.

Sumlin has proved Arizona Football is a waste of money as long as he and the other coaches are there.

Easy choice.
“The reality is that the hardest games to win are over teams on their home court. Teams that don’t play those games can spin it however they want, but what they’re saying is, ‘We don’t want to lose in our non conference season.’" - Sean Miller
KillerKlown

Post by KillerKlown »

I'd like to check out a women's basketball game sometime. It'll be a new experience and I think a good one.
I'd like to give the Wildcat football experience a break for a little bit.
Mike Luke's burner account.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

One thing to mention too, on a general basketball v. football note, is the time commitment.

College basketball games are 2 hours of constant movement. College football games are 3.5 hrs for 11 minutes of action, which is even less action than baseball games.