What's more embarrassing?

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

AZCatGirl

What's more embarrassing?

Post by AZCatGirl »

Losing to NAU for the first time since 1932, or getting killed by ASU last year?
“The reality is that the hardest games to win are over teams on their home court. Teams that don’t play those games can spin it however they want, but what they’re saying is, ‘We don’t want to lose in our non conference season.’" - Sean Miller
Merkin

Re: What's more embarrassing?

Post by Merkin »

Look what happens when you hire life long positions coaches as head coaches.
ztonyg

Post by ztonyg »

AZCatGirl wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:17 pm Losing to NAU for the first time since 1932, or getting killed by ASU last year?
Getting killed by ASU this year.

Seriously by this year's ASU game this team will have no life left in them at all unless something changes and soon.
Basketcats

Post by Basketcats »

AZCatGirl wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:17 pm Losing to NAU for the first time since 1932, or getting killed by ASU last year?
They are equally bad. A Power 5 school should NEVER lose to a DII school and NEVER be kicked in the balls by an in-state arch-rival as hard they were last season. I have a very bad feeling that this is going to be the norm for the next few years. The only way the way either of these items were to not be so bad is if the university decided to do away with the football program entirely (which they probably should be doing at this point).
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Basketcats wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:15 am
They are equally bad. A Power 5 school should NEVER lose to a DII school and NEVER be kicked in the balls by an in-state arch-rival as hard they were last season. I have a very bad feeling that this is going to be the norm for the next few years. The only way the way either of these items were to not be so bad is if the university decided to do away with the football program entirely (which they probably should be doing at this point).
Point of clarification: NAU isn't a DII school.
Basketcats

Post by Basketcats »

azgreg wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:37 am
Basketcats wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:15 am
Point of clarification: NAU isn't a DII school.
My bad... FCS...I apologize for discrediting them.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

NAU game, since the Cats were expected to lose to ASU anyway.

Although having the entire team and coaching staff quit during the first 5 minutes of the ASU was really embarrassing.
AzCatFan2

Post by AzCatFan2 »

We didn't just lose to a FCS team. We lost to a bad, FCS team, that was blown out by their first two opponents by a cumulative score of 76-23. And it's not like NAU was playing Alabama and Oregon. No. They lost to two juggernaut teams named Sam Houston State and South Dakota! Losing at home to NAU says we are not just the worst team in D1. But wouldn't even crack the top 25 in FCS rankings either! What is more embarrassing than that?
CatsbyAZ

Post by CatsbyAZ »

Can I try deflecting the question by saying that a 20th ranked Washington losing to Montana is worse?
“The force behind the movement of time is a mourning that will not be comforted.” author Marilynne Robinson
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

CatsbyAZ wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 12:14 pm Can I try deflecting the question by saying that a 20th ranked Washington losing to Montana is worse?
I don't think so. Montana's 4-0 and has hammered everyone but UW. At least UW lost to a solid team. NAU isn't even really solid vs their other competition.
pc in NM

Post by pc in NM »

Perspective:

Appalachian State beat #5 Michigan in the Big House
Louisiana-Monroe beat Alabama (Nick Saban)
“If you have the choice between humble and cocky, go with cocky. There's always time to be humble later, once you've been proven horrendously, irrevocably wrong.”

― Kinky Friedman
97cats

Post by 97cats »

College football rankings: Arizona continues sinking as new No. 1 team emerges in The Bottom 25

12 - Arizona 0-3 There are only four Power Five teams in The Bottom 25. That's bound to change, but my early impressions of Arizona are that Kansas might have legit competition for Worst Power Five Team of 2021. The Wildcats lost to Northern Arizona 21-19 and play at Oregon this weekend. The Pac-12 seems pretty soft from its second tier down, so Arizona could poach a win or two, but I don't see the Cats being favored in a single game from this point forward. (20)

https://www.cbssports.com/college-footb ... bottom-25/
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

97cats wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 1:29 pm College football rankings: Arizona continues sinking as new No. 1 team emerges in The Bottom 25

12 - Arizona 0-3 There are only four Power Five teams in The Bottom 25. That's bound to change, but my early impressions of Arizona are that Kansas might have legit competition for Worst Power Five Team of 2021. The Wildcats lost to Northern Arizona 21-19 and play at Oregon this weekend. The Pac-12 seems pretty soft from its second tier down, so Arizona could poach a win or two, but I don't see the Cats being favored in a single game from this point forward. (20)

Navy (UA fan favorite Ken Niumatalolo) at #4!
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

97cats wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 1:29 pm College football rankings: Arizona continues sinking as new No. 1 team emerges in The Bottom 25

No lies detected.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

pc in NM wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 1:03 pm Perspective:

Remember the App State game well, my old boss was from there, and went back to Boone to head the IT department.

But App State was ranked #1 in FCS, and had just come off 2 straight FCS championships, and ended up with a 3rd that season.

App State was such a good FCS program they moved to FBS.

Bama was 7-6 in 2007. ULM is now also FBS.
OSUCat

Post by OSUCat »

So what your saying is Arizona is going 7-6 and NAU will be moved to FBS! ;)

Weird stat, since 2018 NAU has the most fcs wins against FBS opponents. Tied with the most FBS wins as far as 2015.
Formerly Lynx Rufus.
U.P. Zona Fan

Post by U.P. Zona Fan »

What would be more embarrassing would be to lose to UCONN
Arizona State might have the most surprisingly anemic history in men's basketball of any program that you might think is better than it is.
-Norlander.
Basketcats

Post by Basketcats »

I was going to post this yesterday as soon as I got the alert, but, I was too saddened and embarrassed to bring myself to visit cbssports.com. :(
Ladycats season needs to start so that the sting from the current state of football and men's bb is mitigated.
Carcassdragger

Post by Carcassdragger »

U.P. Zona Fan wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 6:18 pm What would be more embarrassing would be to lose to UCONN
UCONN would be favored over us by 30.
2020 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2018 BEARDOWN WILDCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
2017 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2013 GOAZCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
MountainCat

Post by MountainCat »

Carcassdragger wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:53 am
U.P. Zona Fan wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 6:18 pm What would be more embarrassing would be to lose to UCONN
UCONN would be favored over us by 30.
NOT...

...go ahead and bet on that.
No Bandwagon Here! Always a Cat!
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

UConn would probably be one of the only teams that wasn't favored over us.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

pc in NM wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 1:03 pm Perspective:

Other perspective:

We aren't Michigan or Alabama and Fisch ain't Saban.