The Weather is Crazy

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

dovecanyoncat

Re: The Weather is Crazy

Post by dovecanyoncat »

84Cat wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2024 3:25 pm This is about a mile from our house. They have it mostly out now. Planes have been flying by all day sometimes up to 4 at a time. We have black ash all over outside
1 mile is NOTHING in a grass fire. glad to hear you're OK.
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

84Cat wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2024 3:25 pm This is about a mile from our house.
Just checked out the fire's location. I was wondering where you lived as we drove up Hwy 21 to Idaho City recently. At day's end we went to Guido's for pizza, and Google took us off Warm Springs (our old route) through the Parkcenter corridor. It's damn handsome, the growth and quality of the area. It looked like a new Boulder CO suburb full of families and well designed enclave neighborhoods. It Did Not look like Trumptown. East Boise and its foothills, or the north Boise same, or absolute downtown were our fantasies back in the day when we considered moving there. It's a fine city with a great future.
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

I live in the neighborhood at Parkcenter and Warm Springs. It's called Dallas Harris Ranch. You probably drove right by our neighborhood
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

84Cat wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2024 7:41 pm I live in the neighborhood at Parkcenter and Warm Springs. It's called Dallas Harris Ranch. You probably drove right by our neighborhood
We were talking about Harris Ranch as we drove through the area because my wife thought that she remembered some planning issue with it that delayed its development back when it was first proposed to be sold. This might have been anytime between the late 90s to the early 2000s. It seemed like a perfect part of Boise to be in. I'm proud for ya man, that's a great location.

~ Wilhoit's Law