5 Brian Casteel

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

ANGCatFan

5 Brian Casteel

Post by ANGCatFan »

Casteel was first covered on day 82 before being assigned #5.

Casteel is a 6-0, 215, Freshman receiver from Charter Oak HS, Covina, CA. He was primarily a RB as a Senior (644 yards, averaging 6.3 y/c, with 17 TDs) while also catching 51 passes for 766 yards and 8 TDs along with returning kicks and punts and even had a couple downs at QB (1 pass for 4 yards).

Casteel is one of the Freshman that may have a chance to earn playing time this year. His high school coach has some high praise for Casteel's athleticism as well as his versatility:
“It’s hard to find somebody who plays offense, defense and special teams like he can,” Farrar said. “He kind of is a little bit of all the guys who have come before him. He’s got the ability to bounce the ball (outside) like Jason David did from the tailback position. He’s got the power to go over the top like Adam (Muema) did. He’s a great receiver like Steve Stevenson was.

“I haven’t seen an athlete like that in 48 years of doing this. We’ve looked at him over the years as an athlete who can play on both sides of the ball. But he’s just a great kid, too. He’s the complete student athlete that you’re looking for.”

“Before the season, they just asked if they could put me wherever they need me,” Casteel said. “And I said yes, that’s fine. I will go wherever they need me and do my best. I enjoy wide receiver the most because that’s what I’m going to Arizona for. But I played running back, quarterback and linebacker growing up, so I’m used to this already.”

“Brian is the type of athlete that’s going to give his coach at the next level a headache because he’s going to have to decide where to play him. You can’t deny him an opportunity to play on both sides of the ball, because he can really make plays for you.”

82 is the Arizona record for the most passes completed by both teams in a game and was set when we played Wash St in 2014.
ANGCatFan

Re: 5 Brian Casteel

Post by ANGCatFan »

Casteel has been one of the stand out Freshman of camp. He has picked up the system quickly and Coach Rod has indicated he should be one of the true Freshman to play on offense this year.

5 is the number of sacks Arizona had last year against Grambling St. for a season high.

chiefzona

Re: 5 Brian Casteel

Post by chiefzona »

Stud.