11 Troy Young

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

ANGCatFan

11 Troy Young

Post by ANGCatFan »

Young was initially covered on day 44 before he got #11.

Young is a 6-0, 205, Freshman safety from Mobile Christian, Mobile, AL. Another big DB who may be battling to play this year, Young was a 1000 yard + rusher as a Senior as well as making 31 tackles and 3 interceptions.

Here is what Young's high school coach had to say about him from al.com:
"To me, Troy's greatest attribute is if you ask him to do any task, he tries so hard to do exactly what you tell him," head coach Ronnie Cottrell said. "He is a tremendous worker in the offseason. He's in great condition. He loves the weight room. I think he would be a good fit in any college system because of his work ethic.

"On the field, he obviously makes big plays. He can take it the distance at any time on offense and, from the safety position, he has the ability to track the ball. Troy Young is a guy you dream about coaching."

944 was Brandon Dawkins' net rushing yards last year to lead the team which was just short of BJ Denkers 949 yard record for rushing by an Arizona QB.

azgreg

Re: 11 Troy Young

Post by azgreg »

ANGCatFan

Post by ANGCatFan »

Day 11 bump.

There are a lot of special and even national interest stories on the team this year. In my mind, Troy Young's is the most important. Ben Thomas, AL.com, tells the story of how Young has overcome true tragedy to end up at Arizona. A must read! Young has yet to play a down and he is already the player I am rooting the hardest for.

11 is the Arizona record for TDs in a game set the last time we played NAU in 2015 tying the mark of the 1921 Wildcats against UTEP.

azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Great story Ang. Thanks for all the digging up of articles you do. Young seems to be the real deal. Not hard to root for him for sure
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion