What are things that people do that piss you off?

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Longhorned

Re: What are things that people do that piss you off?

Post by Longhorned »

Puerco wrote:Most intercontinental flights don't really enforce carry on limitations, do they? Dunno, because I mostly fly those for work and that means business class. Except for that one with those Lufthansa @ssholes.
Sure they do. I'm an economy class expert because, as a state employee, there's no such thing as business class unless I use miles or pay out of pocket for an upgrade.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

When thirsty, old ass married women see a good looking guy and go on and on and on to you about how "hot" he is. Men don't care, they don't want to hear it, and most won't get jealous (which has to be their intent.....). I don't know of any grown men who see a smoking hot chick and go out of their way to find women to report that to.
PerpEph

Post by PerpEph »

rgdeuce wrote:When thirsty, old ass married women see a good looking guy and go on and on and on to you about how "hot" he is. Men don't care, they don't want to hear it, and most won't get jealous (which has to be their intent.....). I don't know of any grown men who see a smoking hot chick and go out of their way to find women to report that to.
I don't get that either. And as a grown ass man who has trouble keeping his eyes where they should be while walking around the U of A prior to a football game (and being playfully called out on it by my wife), I try to NOT bring attention to the fact that many of these women are incredibly attractive. I have the problem of trying so hard not to look, that my wife rolls her eyes and tells me how transparent I am being, and then calls me lecherous. I can't win. Or maybe I'm winning all the time?
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

Longhorned wrote:
Puerco wrote:Most intercontinental flights don't really enforce carry on limitations, do they? Dunno, because I mostly fly those for work and that means business class. Except for that one with those Lufthansa @ssholes.
Sure they do. I'm an economy class expert because, as a state employee, there's no such thing as business class unless I use miles or pay out of pocket for an upgrade.
Sorry, brother. That's one reason I went into industry. Of course, I'm sure your job is far, far more intellectually stimulating than mine is these days! For brief moments at least...
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

rgdeuce wrote:When thirsty, old ass married women see a good looking guy and go on and on and on to you about how "hot" he is. Men don't care, they don't want to hear it, and most won't get jealous (which has to be their intent.....). I don't know of any grown men who see a smoking hot chick and go out of their way to find women to report that to.
My wife points out the guys she finds good looking too... But they are usually average looking, slightly over weight Jewish looking guys. (Like me).... I think she does this to make me feel good about myself.... Apparently I'm still her type
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

The good thing about living in a place where the women are so unattractive is that the guys are, too. In Champaign-Urbana, it's like everyone said one day, "You know what? We're going to go ahead and forget about looking good."
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

PerpEph wrote:
I don't get that either. And as a grown ass man who has trouble keeping his eyes where they should be while walking around the U of A prior to a football game (and being playfully called out on it by my wife), I try to NOT bring attention to the fact that many of these women are incredibly attractive. I have the problem of trying so hard not to look, that my wife rolls her eyes and tells me how transparent I am being, and then calls me lecherous. I can't win. Or maybe I'm winning all the time?
LOL. I think my wife and I are both done trying to hide that stuff. As long as it is not something completely disrespectful, like a wink, flirtatious smile, staring for longer than 5 seconds, or saying "G damn" out loud, it isn't an issue for me.

Got to be careful when you are on your own because you never know who is nearby. Last year I was at the mall shopping for xmas presents and a younger, light-skinned woman walked by me. I mouthed, "damn" after she passed, then turned around to see how the ass was, and said it again. I only cross paths with 1, maybe 2 women a year that will make me do that like I did. No lie, I look up and my father-in-law was standing about 10 feet away, there with one of his friends and saw the whole thing. What are the odds? I was worried for a while, but then I remembered he was a man and probably understood. Hell, dudes been married to three different women and has like 10 kids, of course he does.
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

Longhorned wrote:The good thing about living in a place where the women are so unattractive is that the guys are, too. In Champaign-Urbana, it's like everyone said one day, "You know what? We're going to go ahead and forget about looking good."
I had that thought when I was there for the UA-UI game back in the Desert Swarm days.
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

That's how I saw things in Boston. I was there for three days and I did not see an attractive woman until I went to Fenway the last day (saw two). One turned out to be from the Phoenix area and was catching a game with her boyfriend, and the other I saw leaving the stadium.
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

That bearded, hillbilly dude who is in all the 'Learn 9 languages in 3 months' clickbait ads on every. Single. F/&%ing. Website. I. Visit.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Autoplay videos.

Google is fixing Chrome to take care of it: http://www.keyt.com/news/money/google-t ... b/34969980
BigSkyCatinMT

Post by BigSkyCatinMT »

I hate it when people place their words into my mouth and behave as if I said them. Words are too meaningful for that shiit!
formerly, UA Direct, mtzwami, SnowCat, MontanaCat. should cover every forum I've been on in the last 19 years.
BigSkyCatinMT

Post by BigSkyCatinMT »

Pisses me off when I stop a man from beating a woman to a bloody pulp (Too late last time), and the dumb broad is the one that calls the cops on me?
formerly, UA Direct, mtzwami, SnowCat, MontanaCat. should cover every forum I've been on in the last 19 years.
Daryl Zero

Post by Daryl Zero »

BigSkyCatinMT wrote:Pisses me off when I stop a man from beating a woman to a bloody pulp (Too late last time), and the dumb broad is the one that calls the cops on me?
One of the reasons that cops hate DV calls. Sometimes its the "victim" that turns on them.
Erlich Bachmann: Richard wrote the code, yes, but the inspiration was clear. Let me ask you something. How fast do you think you could jack off every guy in this room? Cause I know how long it would take me. And I could prove it.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Daryl Zero wrote:
BigSkyCatinMT wrote:Pisses me off when I stop a man from beating a woman to a bloody pulp (Too late last time), and the dumb broad is the one that calls the cops on me?
One of the reasons that cops hate DV calls. Sometimes its the "victim" that turns on them.
Hate it when municipalities require that one person goes to jail no matter what.
gumby

Post by gumby »

Relative who invites me to Buggle over and over.
Right where I want to be.
97cats

Post by 97cats »

gumby wrote:Relative who invites me to Buggle over and over.
this is frickin priceless!!! :lol:
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

What Buggle?
ghostwhitehorse

Post by ghostwhitehorse »

Puerco wrote:What Buggle?
Google says it's a bubble-pop game for your mobile device. The urban dictionary definition is. . . testicle related.
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

Wait, there's an electronic game about popping bubbles? Jeebus. People need to go outside an pop some real bubbles. Or whatever.
gumby

Post by gumby »

Who asks their uncle to Buggle? I mean, honestly!
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

Is this silly?

It pisses me off when people wash their hands in the restroom and then pull out 3,4,5,6 paper towels to wipte off the 3ml of water on their hands. What a waste. One is enough, people.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Puerco wrote:Is this silly?

It pisses me off when people wash their hands in the restroom and then pull out 3,4,5,6 paper towels to wipte off the 3ml of water on their hands. What a waste. One is enough, people.
That's just because you don't understand how it all works together:

#1 To turn on the faucet with to avoid touching with an exposed hand

#2 To dispense soap with to avoid touching with an exposed hand

#3 To turn off the faucet with to avoid touching with an exposed hand

#4 To dry your hands

#5 To open the door with

#6 To hold over your eye in order to give some kind of vague credibility to your statement to your boss, "I'm going to have to head over to urgent care" as you run off to meet his mother in a motel room.
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

I was actually thinking about you being a possible exception as I was typing the above!

I suppose you've seen this?

http://edition.cnn.com/2015/09/07/trave ... index.html
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

One isn't enough. To properly clean your hands they need to be fully dry after washing. What's the point of using one paper tow and having your hands still completely wet? Might as well use none or not even wash your hands.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

ASUHATER! wrote:One isn't enough. To properly clean your hands they need to be fully dry after washing. What's the point of using one paper tow and having your hands still completely wet? Might as well use none or not even wash your hands.
Yep. One flimsy paper towel has never done the job. Unless you've got hands like this guy...

Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

I kill a small redwood after I wash my hands.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Why do hands have to be fully dry after washing?
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

If they are still wet for a while afterwards it can promote bacteria growth.

azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Also, have you ever shaken a mans wet hand shortly after he left the men's room? Unsettling at best.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

ASUHATER! wrote:If they are still wet for a while afterwards it can promote bacteria growth.
Oh, okay. I'd rather have bacteria growth than to touch a paper towel dispenser that will put somebody's shit residues on my hand.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

azgreg wrote:Also, have you ever shaken a mans wet hand shortly after he left the men's room? Unsettling at best.
That's why President Eisenhower invented the fist bump.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

I'm cool with these too.

Just have to remember that they're not a urinal.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

azgreg wrote:I'm cool with these too.

Just have to remember that they're not a urinal.
A while back the mythbusters tested whether hand dryers or paper towels made a difference in hand cleanliness after washing. People that fully dried their hands with paper towels had the cleanest while those that used hand dryers basically still had dirty hands.

azgreg

Post by azgreg »

ASUHATER! wrote:A while back the mythbusters tested whether hand dryers or paper towels made a difference in hand cleanliness after washing. People that fully dried their hands with paper towels had the cleanest while those that used hand dryers basically still had dirty hands.
I'm going to need to see the science on that one. Don't get me wrong, I love their show, but that doesn't make any sense.
UAdevil

Post by UAdevil »

azgreg wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote:A while back the mythbusters tested whether hand dryers or paper towels made a difference in hand cleanliness after washing. People that fully dried their hands with paper towels had the cleanest while those that used hand dryers basically still had dirty hands.
I'm going to need to see the science on that one. Don't get me wrong, I love their show, but that doesn't make any sense.
I'm guessing the physical act of wiping the hands removes more junk than the air pushing it around. The blower probably just moves the grime around and when all the moisture evaporates the grime is still on your hands...Just a guess.
Love the 've! Stop with the: Would of - Could of - Should of - Must of - Might of
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

azgreg wrote:
It makes perfect sense. They did Petri dish swabs I believe in control cases of people that didn't wash their hands and in people that dried their hands several ways.

ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Also hand dryers basically just aersolize and blow around the water that was on your hands. Lots of people don't wash, they're rinse then dry in the hand dryer. This just blows around bacteria water back onto your hands when you use the dryer next. Basically negates washing your hands. Want clean hands? Thoroughly wash them in hot water then fully dry them with paper towels.

Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

Germaphobes who argue about how best to wash and dry your hands piss me off.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Not a germaphobe at all. Just like washing my hands properly. One of the very few things I'm particular about.

Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

ASUHATER! wrote:Not a germaphobe at all. Just like washing my hands properly. One of the very few things I'm particular about.
The fact that you are particular about washing your hands "properly" is amazing.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Why wouldn't you be, especially if you have kids?

Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

Dirt don't hurt.
gumby

Post by gumby »

Alieberman wrote:Dirt don't hurt.
This.

The hand washing/drying thing is insane. The very next thing they touch is going to have germs.

They're EVERYWHERE!
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

gumby wrote:
Alieberman wrote:Dirt don't hurt.
This.

The hand washing/drying thing is insane. The very next thing they touch is going to have germs.

They're EVERYWHERE!
For example: the very same knob you turned the faucet on with. It's touched by everybody before they wash their hands, and it's the first thing they touch again after they wash their hands.
BearDown89

Post by BearDown89 »

I hate the automatic paper towel dispensers. The motion detectors are finicky. They're always adjusted wrong and don't dispense enough towel. Waiting for them to reset before they dispense another sheet is annoying while my hands are dripping. Those in my office are the worst. The Y across the street changed back to manual dispensers.

Speaking of the Y, I find that women are the worst at wiping down gym equipment after they use it. They all do a shit job with a scrap of towel, barely any spray and a cursory wipe. I'm very thorough myself.
97cats

Post by 97cats »

Longhorned wrote:
That's just because you don't understand how it all works together:

#1 To turn on the faucet with to avoid touching with an exposed hand

#2 To dispense soap with to avoid touching with an exposed hand

#3 To turn off the faucet with to avoid touching with an exposed hand

#4 To dry your hands

#5 To open the door with

#6 To hold over your eye in order to give some kind of vague credibility to your statement to your boss, "I'm going to have to head over to urgent care" as you run off to meet his mother in a motel room.
finally someone who gets it
97cats

Post by 97cats »

azgreg wrote:I'm cool with these too.

i am so not cool with these.....sometimes ya just gotta drip dry
KaibabKat

Post by KaibabKat »

Not many people been thru army basic training around here. 1 poop, 1 piece of TP & don't forget to save the little corner in order to clean under the middle fingernail.