2016 Recruit/Commitment Thread

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

catinfl

Re: 2016 Recruit/Commitment Thread

Post by catinfl »

If you're working for this Up and Coming Company, but this fortune 500 company comes and offers you a job you're not gonna straight turn it down. Allen has said that Arizona was his dream school and while I don't think this is a good thing it's not over just yet. Alabama is REALLY far from Cali.
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

So college football is just like the corporate world now? :?
MrMeow

Post by MrMeow »

catgrad97 wrote:So college football is just like the corporate world now? :?

Pretty much. Read "Billion Dollar Ball" by Gilbert Gaul for a better view
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

If you are interested in watching a couple possible recruits (Harry, Lucas), Desert Ridge vs. Chandler on Cox 7 right now.

N'Keal Harry just caught a 50-yard TD.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

catinfl wrote:If you're working for this Up and Coming Company, but this fortune 500 company comes and offers you a job you're not gonna straight turn it down. Allen has said that Arizona was his dream school and while I don't think this is a good thing it's not over just yet. Alabama is REALLY far from Cali.
There are a lot of companies in the Fortune 500.

He just got an offer from Apple.
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

Your analogy only works if Apple housed all its employees in Detroit.
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
catinfl

Post by catinfl »

poor analogy. If we can get Harry that would be huge. 5* In-State receiver fingers crossed he and his GF are together in February.
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

catinfl wrote:poor analogy. If we can get Harry that would be huge. 5* In-State receiver fingers crossed he and his GF are together in February.
Umm... Alabama is hardly a Fortune 500 company; remind you of Alleghany Insurance do they?

They are the most powerful juggernaut in college FB at the moment. Remind you of any company in particular?

Not the greatest analaogybut I didn't start it.. Most uber talented kids would rather go to an Uber or Snapchat than a Fortune XXX company.
UALoco

Post by UALoco »

So we are Snapchat? That is not good.
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

Tindr
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

UA in the mix for 4-Start defensive tackle........UCLA is the leader

http://www.azdesertswarm.com/recruiting ... oa-top-six
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

dmjcat wrote:UA in the mix for 4-Start defensive tackle........UCLA is the leader

http://www.azdesertswarm.com/recruiting ... oa-top-six
No chance. I'm thinking Bruins.
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

Things can always change, but UCLA is heavily in front
catinfl

Post by catinfl »

Lamar Winston will be visiting this weekend
gronk4heisman

Post by gronk4heisman »

catinfl wrote:Lamar Winston will be visiting this weekend
How solid is he with Oregon? He would be a huge get.
RazorsEdgeAZ

Post by RazorsEdgeAZ »

gronk4heisman wrote:
Wondering if he meant Lamar Jackson. Winston solid with Ducks and also tweeted he was headed to Eugene this weekend.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

RazorsEdgeAZ wrote:
gronk4heisman wrote:
Wondering if he meant Lamar Jackson. Winston solid with Ducks and also tweeted he was headed to Eugene this weekend.
Yeah it's Jackson
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
catinfl

Post by catinfl »

My Bad. Got the two mixed up scheer tweeted it.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

Arizona offered 2017 Augustus Hawkins Athlete Greg Johnson.
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

BearDown89

Post by BearDown89 »

That'd be quite a haul.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Are we recruiting any other linebackers outside of the kid who is a QB commit at Utah? I think it's fair to say we need immediate help, namely at the Mike spot. Any JUCO guys who can enroll early ideally? I have heard Franklin is expected to be a big contributor in the future and everyone loves Colacion, so the outside backer spots look to be in good hands if words mean anything at this point.
catinfl

Post by catinfl »

ChooChooCat wrote:Are we recruiting any other linebackers outside of the kid who is a QB commit at Utah? I think it's fair to say we need immediate help, namely at the Mike spot. Any JUCO guys who can enroll early ideally? I have heard Franklin is expected to be a big contributor in the future and everyone loves Colacion, so the outside backer spots look to be in good hands if words mean anything at this point.
Clifton Garrett the former 5* at Arizona Western is one to keep an eye on don't know if the coaches move on him, but he hasn't done bad and certainly has the talent.
AJ Hotchkins is another one to look out for.
gronk4heisman

Post by gronk4heisman »

Any word on what recruits will be in town for this weekends game? I would assume we go all in recruiting wise with 100+ "recruits" visiting and at least 5 big names who we have a shot with.
chiefzona

Post by chiefzona »

As far as non-commits from what I have heard.....Brandon Burton and Andre Collins. Rumored....too many to mention.
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

Merkin

Big boys coming in...

Post by Merkin »

catinfl

Post by catinfl »

Speights really isn't a recruit anymore. We have four RB's committed.
Gladiator Cat

Post by Gladiator Cat »

Speights has effectively been off the table for almost a year. The guy was never coming here.
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

According to Biggins, Brandon Burton will take just three visits, to Oklahoma, Notre Dame, and Florida State. He'll likely decide sometime after that, which will probably be UCLA
whatisee

Post by whatisee »

Has us in his Top 3 4* OG
http://247sports.com/Player/Richard-Merritt-27506

He would be part of a very talented group of OL Freshman next year. All 4*'s. Keenan Walker, Michael Eletise, and hopefully Richard Merritt
catinfl

Post by catinfl »

That would leave the OL set. Loved our 2014 commits and adding him would just be icing on the cake because we get the #1 OG in the West than go grab one in the east as well.

Bug what's the buzz on him for the bruins?
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

Considered a FSU lean. He has ucla in thr secondary group of leaders and I'm not sure if he's a priority for ucla. They seem to have their targets and he's not one. I think ucla takes three kids, unless ME or Bathke decides to flip. Ucla is still recruiting them, but Klemm got a late start because of the suspension
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

MrBug708 wrote:Considered a FSU lean. He has ucla in thr secondary group of leaders and I'm not sure if he's a priority for ucla. They seem to have their targets and he's not one. I think ucla takes three kids, unless ME or Bathke decides to flip. Ucla is still recruiting them, but Klemm got a late start because of the suspension
Cool story, bro.

Should we make a thank you card for Mora, and beg him not to make the kid a priority? I mean, so we still have at least a slight chance.

You may indeed be correct, but the extent to which you play this little card is both obnoxious and long in the tooth. Seriously.
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

Did you stop taking your meds today? Or is it "Talk about random crap no one says" day?
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

MrBug708 wrote:Did you stop taking your meds today? Or is it "Talk about random crap no one says" day?
Ummm... I am not BeachCat97. But it's great how you weight in on every big recruit UA is after with how UCLA stands with them.

Michael Eletise - "UCLA Led for him (could have had him) but we had a change in coaching (or had other guys on the board and de-prioritized him"

Brandon Burton - "Yeah... UCLA leads - we'll get him if we want him. UA may be on his final 7, but he is only visiting the super elite schools like UCLA, and Uncle Greg says he's ours"

Richard Merrit - "Yeah, we could have had him too. He wanted us but there were other better players we wanted more, so now other schools have a chance".

I am not the homer here... But every time a big recruit's name comes up that IA is after it seems like feel compelled to chime in with the "I could have your girlfriend if I wanted her - and I might" game. It's really f***ing annoying.

I am anxious to see UCLA play The tougher teams in the conference. I really don't think they are as good as you do... I hope you are right, because it would mean we are better than I think.
Last edited by Harvey Specter on Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
catinfl

Post by catinfl »

Really really don't think Eletise decommits.
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

Harvey Specter wrote:
MrBug708 wrote:Did you stop taking your meds today? Or is it "Talk about random crap no one says" day?
Ummm... I am not BeachCat97. But it's great how you weight in on every big recruit UA is after with how UCLA stands with them.

Michael Eletise - "UCLA Led for him (could have had him) but we had a change in coaching (or had other guys on the board and de-prioritized him"

Brandon Burton - "Yeah... UCLA leads - we'll get him if we want him. UA may be on his final 7, but he is only visiting the super elite schools like UCLA, and Uncle Greg says he's ours"

Richard Merrit - "Yeah, we could have had him too. He wanted us but there were other better players we wanted more, so now other schools have a chance".

I am not the homer here... But every time a big recruit's name comes up that IA is after it seems like feel compelled to chime in with the "I could have your girlfriend if I wanted her - and I might" game. It's really f***ing annoying.

I am anxious to see UCLA play The tougher teams in the conference. I really don't think they are as good as you do... I hope you are right, because it would mean we are better than I think.
Most of this is nonsense you read into, not actually what's been said. I feel like you just want to spar after last week.

Eletise was a UCLA lean, feel free to search this thread. UCLA suspended their OL coach and basically stopped recruiting all OL commits for about 3-4 months. During that time Eletise felt like he belonged at UofA and committed without UCLA getting back into the race. I even said that UCLA was out of it when people were posting that UCLA was the biggest threat to his commitment. I know he likes Klemm, but the word is his pretty loyal, but UCLA will still recruit him anyways.

Im not enamored with Burton personally. UCLA is leading him and I posted what was literally said from Biggins about him. He's only taking 3 official visits and moved up his timeline. Did you not want info about Burton? Or just not anything that doesn't say "Zona roks dood!" I try to post anything I come across about Arizona recruiting, whether positive or negative. As with Eletise as mentioned above.

CatinFL, as he tends to do about certain kids, asked me about Merritt. I went to look at UCLA's last recruiting update on scout and essentially paraphrased. Nowhere did I insinuate that he was UCLA's if they wanted him. UCLA is not doing great in their OL :D recruiting due to the previously mentioned Klemm suspension. If you bothered to re-read it, I essentially said that he's not coming out west and is using the UCLA visit as just a chance to see the west coast, so UCLA is really recruiting him that hard for that reason. But because they aren't doing that great with OL, they can't turn down any interested OL kids. But since you already had the conversation worked out in your head, you read what you wanted to see.

Did you want a list of UCLA's OL targets? So you don't get upset next time?

But it's cute. I'm pretty subdoed, but when someone acts like a self-serving jackass for no real reason, I'll just tip my hat and say to posters like you "I hope you liked that ass-kicking last Saturday" I just find it funny that you are willing to kick your own team just to take a shot at another team. Fans like you tend to hate other programs more than they like their own.

You can ask catinfl if you'd like.
Last edited by MrBug708 on Fri Oct 02, 2015 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

catinfl wrote:Really really don't think Eletise decommits.
I'd be stunned
catinfl

Post by catinfl »

You'll know when Bug takes a shot it's pretty easy to spot and that wasn't it. UCLA and Arizona recruit a lot of the same guys and he's a good resource to have
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

Besides, ucla fans use the "he didn't qualify" not we didn't want him
Fishclamps

Post by Fishclamps »

I appreciate the insight on the recruits bug.

People just need to chill out, last week is over and done with.
FightWildcatsFight

Post by FightWildcatsFight »

catinfl

Post by catinfl »

FightWildcatsFight wrote:
Finally gave up on Harry? Go fish Graham.
Folesfor10K

Post by Folesfor10K »

catinfl wrote:You'll know when Bug takes a shot it's pretty easy to spot and that wasn't it. UCLA and Arizona recruit a lot of the same guys and he's a good resource to have
I agree 100% and Definitely appreciate Bug's recruiting info.
Why is fast food healthy? Why do skinny people have SLOW metabolisms? Check out my nutrition blog for a fresh, new perspective on nutrition.

My two favorite teams:
1. U of A
2. Whoever plays ASU this week
Tempedevil

Post by Tempedevil »

Looks like Paul is a bit cranky.
Attachments
FB_IMG_1444248924427.jpg
FB_IMG_1444248924427.jpg (53.41 KiB) Viewed 1748 times
Folesfor10K

Post by Folesfor10K »

Tempedevil wrote:
Looks like Paul is a bit cranky.

this is awesome! Really starting to like PM!
Why is fast food healthy? Why do skinny people have SLOW metabolisms? Check out my nutrition blog for a fresh, new perspective on nutrition.

My two favorite teams:
1. U of A
2. Whoever plays ASU this week
Scummy Dick Douglas

Post by Scummy Dick Douglas »

catinfl wrote:
Harry probably won't be a receiver at the next level, not fast enough and is big bodied/physical. Likely a TE or LB in college.
catinfl

Post by catinfl »

Scummy Dick Douglas wrote:
catinfl wrote:
Harry probably won't be a receiver at the next level, not fast enough and is big bodied/physical. Likely a TE or LB in college.
Still an incredible talent
whatisee

Post by whatisee »

Khalil Tate is having a monster year this year. 4 TD's last night. Coming in early too. Really excited to see how we use his skill set